• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To restore or not to restore?

13 posts in this topic

Well I have a copy of ASM #1 that has seen better days. I'm currently on the fence on whether or not I should get it restored. Just looking for some overall feedback. Its very much intact, just a little rough. This would be strictly for my own enjoyment, not for selling. Thoughts?

ASM1frontCover.jpg

ASM1backCover.jpg

ASM1inside.jpg

ASM01.jpg

Colby,

I checked out your website...VERY COOL!!! :acclaim: When the DC collectors on the

boards hear that you have worked on the next Watchman,you will instantly have a fan club.

Any chance of you working on any of the upcoming Marvel movies? :headbang:

Tim

Tim: Thanks for checking it out, I was pretty excited to learn I'd be working on Watchmen. It was a lot of fun for a fan boy like me. As far as Marvel movies go, none of the latest ones coming out, and even if I did I couldn't really say anything until some trailers were out at least. ;)

depending upon how much money you want to put into it you could just as easily buy another copy.

True, but it seems that Classic Incoporated's conservation service might be able to raise it from it current grade to possibly a mid grade for a very reasonable amount.

http://www.classicsincorporated.com/services_conservation.htm

Its tempting me. I've sent them an email with all these pictures, I'll see what they say about it.

I would keep that copy as it is. It is probably not worth the money to have it restored properly. Enjoy the book as is. Not too many people can say they have read an original ASM 1. Put it in a nice 4ml Mylar bag with a acid free fullback board... My 2c

Yea, I don't want to screw with this book if its totally unnecessary. Its only for my own personal satisfaction of having a nice clean copy. It does seem to have a bit of charm in its current condition though...

I would keep that copy as it is. It is probably not worth the money to have it restored properly. Enjoy the book as is. Not too many people can say they have read an original ASM 1. Put it in a nice 4ml Mylar bag with a acid free fullback board... My 2c

Pretty much sums it up for me. :thumbsup:

+1

+1

Just saw this and agree. I would leave it as is and enjoy it.

That tape would not come off the spine without a serious fight in which the inks would probably lose. I guess one could make the argument for getting the tape off at all cost, but I think the damage has already been done on this book