• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you pay a premium to a 9.6/9/8 "agent"?

45 posts in this topic

No,

1. My collection is 100% for reading so grade really means nothing to me. As long as it is in decent shape that is it is complete with no major rips, tears and writing on it and don't smell then I will buy it.

2. I don't have a list of must have books, there is really nothing that I am looking for that is hard to find. I usually buy what I find or what I find available that interest me.

I keep wantlists on file and provide a semi-"agent" service, there are plenty of boardies here that I've offered & supplied books to from stock I've picked up before it gets offered anywhere else. Some have grade requirements, some have other requirements. I understand ft88s perspective and I very rarely look for JUST those wantlist items, but I do enjoy box diving at shows during downtime for the chance of filling those lists. Pre-selling CGC slabs is also be part of it.

They're not all PGX, either.

Reynold Jay's site also claims that 95% of all pre-1990 10.0 books came from him. And he currently has the 3rd-oldest CGC 10.0 with Captain Canuck # 1 (1975).

3rd-oldest if you don't count the 30 Aurora CGC 10.0 books older than Canuck.

Otherwise, he has the 33rd-oldest CGC 10.

:grin:

They're not all PGX, either.

Reynold Jay's site also claims that 95% of all pre-1990 10.0 books came from him. And he currently has the 3rd-oldest CGC 10.0 with Captain Canuck # 1 (1975).

3rd-oldest if you don't count the 30 Aurora CGC 10.0 books older than Canuck.

Otherwise, he has the 33rd-oldest CGC 10.

:grin:

Anyone else notice all the [font:Courier New] RESTORED [/font]Modern's he has? Who in the world TRIMS modern books?!?! :screwy::roflmao: