• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC & Conflict of Interest

42 posts in this topic

Basing slabbing fees on the grade of the book is absolutely a conflict of interest and I have never been happy with that policy.

However, as Dice and others have said here, there is NO evidence that CGC exploits this by giving higher grades to undeserving books. I think they are smart enough to know that their reputation and well-earned goodwill in the hobby is worth more than the difference between a 9.4 and a 9.6.

You beat me to it. (thumbs u

Tying the grading fee to the FMV when the FMV is dependent on your grade is absolutely a conflict of interest. Period.

Fortunately, CGC has proven their integrity over the years, but the structure of the high value fee is by definition, a conflict of interest.

Exactly what I meant. Yay! I'm glad CGC has proven their integrity over the years, and hope that they continue.