• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Announcing our Joe Simon Signing and Memorabilia Drawing

90 posts in this topic

DESERT WIND COMICS IS PROUD TO ANNOUNCE A SIGNING WITH CAPTAIN AMERICA CO-CREATOR

JOE SIMON

Desert Wind Comics is honored and privileged to announce a special signing with Joe Simon in New York. You can get your books signed by the legendary comic book writer/artist and graded and authenticated by Certified Guaranty Company (CGC) with the prestigious Signature Series label.

Desert Wind Comics has had the privilege of several previous signings with Joe during the year and looks forward to once again offering comic fans another opportunity to get their prized possessions signed by the legend that co-created the American icon Captain America. Joe, enjoying his retirement from the comic industry, does not travel much, and rarely makes a con appearance. So don’t miss this opportunity. We have a limited number of spots open for this exclusive signing, so get your submissions in now! The deadline for submitting the books to our office is Monday, October 5th. Complete submission details are listed in our Exclusive Signings section on our website at www.desertwindcomics.com. Submissions will be accepted at the Pittsburgh Comicon, Long Beach Comic-Con and the Baltimore Comic-Con as well.

NOW FOR THE REALLY FUN NEWS. Desert Wind Comics will be celebrating with Joe his 96th birthday. We have had this scheduled with Joe since our visit with him back in May and are really excited that we will be able to deliver gifts, birthday cards and well wishes from Joe’s fans. So we encourage everyone to submit a signed birthday card for us to take to Joe. Everyone who sends a signed birthday card along with their submission of a book(s) will be eligible for the Joe Simon Memorabilia Drawing. Each qualified book submitted is given a special number and each number will go into a barrel. Joe himself will draw the winning ticket during the signing. The winner will receive a one of a kind piece of signed memorabilia from Joe. Complete rules will be posted on our website.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE MAIL IN SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS MONDAY, OCTOBER 5th.

Our pricing for the different tiers is as follows:

Modern.........$50.00

Economy......$60.00

Standard.......$90.00

Express........$130.00

Walk-Thru (quoted based on value of book)

Signature only price is $30.00 (plus return shipping $10.00 Priority Mail in the US. If it is anything other then a book please get quote for shipping)

or if you are adding Joe to a submitted Stan Lee book please add $30.00 to the Stan Lee price. All prices are subject to change.

These prices include Joe Simon’s charity donation, the CGC grading and encapsulation, witnessing fee, prepping the book(s), shipping, handling, and insurance to the event. The price does NOT include any return shipping, handling, or insurance back to the customer. The return shipping is $15.00 for the first book and $2.00 for each additional book. It includes up to $3000.00 insurance per package. Any additional insurance can be added at the rate of $1.00 per $1000.00 of insurance. Please inquire for shipping and insurance charges outside of the Continental United States.

Please go to Desertwindcomics.com for additional information.

Questions have come in about what people can send for Joe. Please remember we will be traveling on a plane. lol Thanks for all of the e-mails. I know Joe will love some of the ideas I have heard.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

So.....is my idea of sending a Captain America box cutter, a gallon of shampoo, an ice pick, a baseball bat, two flare guns, a really nice set of brass knuckles, a cattle prod, and nice drill set with lots of bits, a styrofoam cup of gasoline, some turpentine, and a canister of tear gas may not be entirely appropriate?

(shrug)

Questions have come in about what people can send for Joe. Please remember we will be traveling on a plane. lol Thanks for all of the e-mails. I know Joe will love some of the ideas I have heard.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

So.....is my idea of sending a Captain America box cutter, a gallon of shampoo, an ice pick, a baseball bat, two flare guns, a really nice set of brass knuckles, a cattle prod, and nice drill set with lots of bits, a styrofoam cup of gasoline, some turpentine, and a canister of tear gas may not be entirely appropriate?

(shrug)

Just no pocket knives

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

(shrug)

I think the styrofoam cup of gasoline may be a little overkill. lol

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

I can't wait for this signing. I picked up a CGC copy of Boy Commandos #1 for Joe to sign. That will be a keeper for me. Thanks to Pete over at Paradise for that little beauty.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

That is one of the books I will be sending you as well, Chandler. Great choice.

Just a reminder for anyone who would like to submit books to us at the Pittsburgh Comicon to be signed by Joe Simon we will have a booth (booth # S013) right next to the CGC booth. We look forward to seeing everyone there.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

A reminder that the mail in submission deadline is Monday, October 5th. We will be accepting onsite submissions at both Long Beach and Baltimore.

Just a note. I can honestly say that as of right now Captain SAMerica has the most original birthday card for Joe. Sharon cried when she saw it. It was awesome!

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics