• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Showcase 22 CGC 2.5 ***THREAD CLOSED***

32 posts in this topic

Hi Guys. Got a Showcase 22 CGC 2.5 for sale. PMs welcome, but first :takeit: in the thread takes it home. Checks, MOs or PayPal personal option are fine. Insured shipping is free.

What's the price?

Showcase 22 CGC 2.5 CRM to OW $975

No idea what the right price-point is today. But I will say this looks undergraded to me, but you be the judge. I do know this is the hottest book on the planet and there are no copies for sale in the usual places. If it doesn't sell, I'll consider offers.

P1170908.jpg

Not a lot of data out there to go by as it seems to be going up daily. I'm going to start it out at 975. Pictures coming up...

Your are right about not a lot of data. The only one in GPA in this grade in the last 90 days is this same copy.

Strange there isn't more data in GPA.

C

Think the hype started when they debuted the animated GL dvd movie at SDCC in July/09. It just reminded all the collectors about the potential upside for the live action Ryan Reynolds GL movie for 2010. Has not moved in retail price for the last 5 years until this explosive month of well deserved (thumbs u growth.

I'm no SA DC collector, but that's pretty surprising that the book hadn't moved in price in the past five years, especially with all the hype surrounding Spider-Man, X-Men, Batman, Avengers and Hulk films. Wonder Woman and GL are obvious next choices for films.

Think the hype started when they debuted the animated GL dvd movie at SDCC in July/09. It just reminded all the collectors about the potential upside for the live action Ryan Reynolds GL movie for 2010. Has not moved in retail price for the last 5 years until this explosive month of well deserved (thumbs u growth.

To me it also doesn't hurt that GL is probably the best book being produced at DC right now (and arguably in all of new comics (superhero)) but movie hype is the # 1 drive.

I'm no SA DC collector, but that's pretty surprising that the book hadn't moved in price in the past five years, especially with all the hype surrounding Spider-Man, X-Men, Batman, Avengers and Hulk films. Wonder Woman and GL are obvious next choices for films.

*Ahem* Let's not forget about Mr. Allen. The Flash is the third most popular DC character...

To me it also doesn't hurt that GL is probably the best book being produced at DC right now (and arguably in all of new comics (superhero)) but movie hype is the # 1 drive.

+1 That is a huge contributing factor. Though I do think that SC 22 has been in need of a positive price correction for the last couple years.

*Ahem* Let's not forget about Mr. Allen. The Flash is the third most popular DC character...

Do they still print a Flash comic book? :baiting:

:jokealert:

Do they still print a Flash comic book? :baiting:

:jokealert:

:roflmao: Not one that people actively read apparently...