• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another (Minor) eBay Headache

25 posts in this topic

Hmm... and I just had to file for a non-received item through PayPal myself. I won a magazine that usually sells for $15-20 for $2.51, and the seller claimed to have sent it via 1st class mail back in mid-July. When asked, he tells me he didn't use any sort of delivery confirmation :frustrated: - I still hadn't received the item, told the seller he had until a certain date to reply by (gave him a few days to reply) and still nothing. I opened the PP case, stated that I hadn't received the item in question after almost a month, and wanted a refund. The seller had the gall to ask me could I split the difference on the refund, since he was out the magazine as well!!!

doh!

I reminded him that I have been selling on eBay for many years and have lost money on transactions similar to this but have always ate the loss and kept up my good CS and kept my negative FBs to an absolute minimum. I also reminded him that since he didn't use any DelCom, that PayPal would definitely side with me if I escalated this to a claim. I didn't say it outright, but in so many words, I let him know that he can either refund me willingly or I will give him a neg and still get refunded by PP.

My refund arrived within 20 minutes of my last message to him.

*sigh*

-slym (still thinks the seller just didn't want to give up a $20 magazine for $2.50...)