• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men 94 and Giant-Size X-Men #1 Both CGC 9.0

19 posts in this topic

Hello there,

Here are a couple of books that I am selling. First "take it" will "take it"

The Giant-Size X-Men #1 is offered at $800 and the X-Men #94 is at $750. You can also PM me offers.

Here's a link to photos of the books. I can always take more shots - just ask.

Books here

I was asked if these books were "pressed". I purchased these in their CGC containers, so I am not exactly sure how to answer the question. They aren't perfectly flat (if you look at any square-bound comic, you'll see what I mean - they never sit absolutely flat).

As I bought them encased, there is no way for me to answer the question - other than to say this is the way I bought them and they look like normal 9.0 comics.

I'd say that's fair enough (thumbs u

Thanks! I'm on eBay as Lemon Fresh Dog (don't ask) and have 100% feedback. I'm a collector and believe in treating people the way I want to be treated.

I've taken a real hard look at these books and am very confident in their originality and their condition. I also bought them from a very decent gentleman.

PSSSTTTT...Berg is trying to get his kids to college ...

help a man out ;)

TG99

Thanks :) They are only 9 and 4 - so all the funds are going into something called RESP's (Educational Savings). I don't want anyone thinking I have a tuition bill due this month! However, given how much it will cost when they graduate - I better start saving now! :)

It's not a desperate scenario. It's more one of those "grown-up responsible adult" scenarios! :) haha!

Normally, I get a lot of training contracts this time of year, but I had one company fail on payment and things have slowed - so I have to honour some non-comic commitments. Hence the sales. (I also am selling a TNMT 1st print)

That is a sweet TMNT 1 ...Only 3000 printed i believe.

It's a good book to have. On my "collecting" scale, I have several factors that I use when looking for more long-term appeal. This book has it all:

1) Recognition outside of the comics field

2) Significance within the comics field

3) Low availability

4) High demand in demographics where disposable income is increasing

This book pretty much has it all.

Hello all,

The scans were pretty weak from my scanner - so I am trying to get some shots with my camera.

Meanwhile, I have done a video!

This video has all three comics that I am selling on it (TMNT #1, GS XMen #1, XMen 94).

I've tried to really focus on any areas of the comic that are detrimental so that you can see specifically why they got the grade they did from CGC.

Again, I'll try some camera work tomorrow.

Video of the comics up close

Hello all,

I'll make this my final bump on the recent books I am listing. If you are interested, let me know as I think I'll go the eBay route if these are still not sold in the morning. I'm off work today - so ask plenty of questions if you have them and I'll do my best to get the answers ASAP.

If they do go onto eBay - my handle there is Lemon Fresh Dog (I have 100% feedback over years of selling and hundreds of transactions).

My reserve will be the prices that I am offering the books for here.

Okay - they're off for a 5-day auction starting tomorrow (so that it ends Sunday). Until then, I'll do a small drop to $1400 for both books for people here. You'll have to let me know fairly quickly though. I want to start the auction at about noon tomorrow so it ends at noon on Sunday.

(I also dropped the TNMT I am selling to $1400 - so you can get all three for $2800 - which is a heck of a deal if I do say so myself!)

Thanks for all the feedback on the books and prices. I've been pretty happy with how this forum has generated interest and think I'll get into the habit of offering my better material here first in the future.

man thats a great combo..for 2800

Apparently I am off on the pricing. The feedback I have gotten is that somewhere around $2100-$2300 is more in-line with the prices I should ask - which is odd... I would have gone higher if I was on the buying-side of the deal.

At any rate - the X-Books are gone via PM. So those are out of the mix :)

All that remains in the TMNT book and, so far, it looks like that will be an eBay deal. (oh... there's also the ultra-rare EC book I have, but that price is solid and not moving a penny :)