• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic stores in London?

26 posts in this topic

Forbidden Planet on Shaftesbury Avenue? Maybe that's the less 'small town' choice... Anyone else?

Wouldn't touch it with a stolen . :insane:

Unless you like toys and cards and DVDs...and hate comics. doh!

Yep, not worth the effort of walking through the door. They shouldn't even be allowed to describe themselves as a comic shop any more. meh

Forbidden Planet on Shaftesbury Avenue? Maybe that's the less 'small town' choice... Anyone else?

Wouldn't touch it with a stolen . :insane:

Unless you like toys and cards and DVDs...and hate comics. doh!

Yep, not worth the effort of walking through the door. They shouldn't even be allowed to describe themselves as a comic shop any more. meh

(thumbs u

I Second that and the recommendation of the three stores above. There are also a number of other stores in London that are not so central, namely;

30th Century comics in Putney

http://www.thirtiethcentury.free-online.co.uk/

Mega city comics in Camden town

http://www.megacitycomics.co.uk/acatalog/shop.html

Krypton Comics in Walthamstow

http://www.kryptonkomics.com/

Calamity Comics in Harrow

There is also a decent Second hand books, comics and clothes store on Berwick Street (about half way down Oxford street) which has a decent selection of Bronze, copper and modern comics but a really small selection of Silverage.

Also if you're over at the right time you could catch the comic mart in London, not great but worth a vist. Next one i believe is on Sunday 20th Sept.

http://www.beerlines.com/comicmart2/Welcome/welcome.html

Also if you're over at the right time you could catch the comic mart in London, not great but worth a vist. Next one i believe is on Sunday 20th Sept.

http://www.beerlines.com/comicmart2/Welcome/welcome.html

Do you go to the London marts Gaz?

Which one would have the largest selection of back issue comics???

Orbital & Comicana, with Gosh coming third.

You can actually walk between all three, so you don't need to make a choice. (thumbs u

If the OP wants a large selection to choose from, 30th Century in Putney would be the best choice. Those guys manage to stuff so many comics in their store it's unreal. It's also worth pointing out that 30th Century are the ONLY comic store I've visited in London that have grades on all their books. None of the above mentioned stores do.

I'm Sure Comicana have grades on there books although I hate the way the label using generic white labels and black marker, Looks so amatuerisd. bI know Orbital and Gosh never put grades on their books although Orbital tdo cost appropriately depending on a grade, they just don't tell you what that grade is (tsk)

I try to go to all the marts, depending on work, and they are very much hit and miss. Some weeks are great and some weeks are pants... really depends on the moods of the stall holders.

I try to go to all the marts, depending on work, and they are very much hit and miss. Some weeks are great and some weeks are pants... really depends on the moods of the stall holders.

I was just wondering if I'd met you when I used to sell at the shows semi regularly a couple of years back. hm

I was just wondering if I'd met you when I used to sell at the shows semi regularly a couple of years back. hm

Probably not as I've only been going for just over a year. Do you go much now?What made you stop selling? I really enjoy going but I find some of the stall holders, these days, only bring cheap boxes and I am seeing less and less keys and silver and golden age books. I know some the store holders have good stock, they just don't bother as they would rather get rid of their cheapies.

Probably not as I've only been going for just over a year. Do you go much now?What made you stop selling? I really enjoy going but I find some of the stall holders, these days, only bring cheap boxes and I am seeing less and less keys and silver and golden age books. I know some the store holders have good stock, they just don't bother as they would rather get rid of their cheapies.

Take some photos next time (thumbs u

The wife giving birth to too many kiddies stopped me from selling there. :eek: I hope to again at some point but it's not gonna happen yet.

You're absolutely right about a lot of the sellers just selling , decent vintage comic sellers are few. Andy (Goldust 40 on the boards) has some good stuff. If you're ever in the area of Hemel Hempstead, you can always drop in to see if I've got any books you want. (thumbs u