• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic stores in London?

26 posts in this topic

I try to go to all the marts, depending on work, and they are very much hit and miss. Some weeks are great and some weeks are pants... really depends on the moods of the stall holders.

I was just wondering if I'd met you when I used to sell at the shows semi regularly a couple of years back. hm

Probably not as I've only been going for just over a year. Do you go much now?What made you stop selling? I really enjoy going but I find some of the stall holders, these days, only bring cheap boxes and I am seeing less and less keys and silver and golden age books. I know some the store holders have good stock, they just don't bother as they would rather get rid of their cheapies.

The wife giving birth to too many kiddies stopped me from selling there. :eek: I hope to again at some point but it's not gonna happen yet.

You're absolutely right about a lot of the sellers just selling , decent vintage comic sellers are few. Andy (Goldust 40 on the boards) has some good stuff. If you're ever in the area of Hemel Hempstead, you can always drop in to see if I've got any books you want. (thumbs u

And who's fault was that hm

I'm Sure Comicana have grades on there books although I hate the way the label using generic white labels and black marker, Looks so amatuerisd.

I bought a few Bronze/Modern books and none of them had grades on the bags. By contrast, 30th Century grades everything regardless of what era it is from.

I try to go to all the marts, depending on work, and they are very much hit and miss. Some weeks are great and some weeks are pants... really depends on the moods of the stall holders.

I was just wondering if I'd met you when I used to sell at the shows semi regularly a couple of years back. hm

Probably not as I've only been going for just over a year. Do you go much now?What made you stop selling? I really enjoy going but I find some of the stall holders, these days, only bring cheap boxes and I am seeing less and less keys and silver and golden age books. I know some the store holders have good stock, they just don't bother as they would rather get rid of their cheapies.

The wife giving birth to too many kiddies stopped me from selling there. :eek: I hope to again at some point but it's not gonna happen yet.

You're absolutely right about a lot of the sellers just selling , decent vintage comic sellers are few. Andy (Goldust 40 on the boards) has some good stuff. If you're ever in the area of Hemel Hempstead, you can always drop in to see if I've got any books you want. (thumbs u

I may have to just take you up on that offer.

And who's fault was that hm

It was entirely her fault. :makepoint:

I may have to just take you up on that offer.

Cool, let me know if you're going to be in the area. :)