• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top Collections NOT in the Registry?

145 posts in this topic

I've been perusing the Registry and am just amazed at some of the collections. Kudos to all you #1ers, and even if you're not #1, I know it took a lot of time and perserverance to get up there. But I recently read some posts about people saying there are many collectors NOT on the Registry.

For those of you veterans or more in the know, what top collections do you know of that are NOT in the Registry but would be #1?

Of course, you don't have to reveal personal information, but the more information the more interesting it would be.

I have almost a complete run of high grade Amazing Spider-man(missing 18) only six are slabbed.I also have just about every (missing some biggies though)silver, bronze ,copper-current key,but only 30 are slabbed hm

The Dentist's

Verzyl's

Jon Berk's

Bangzoom's

Mr Bedrock's

Adamstrange's

And those are just off the top of my head

What collections?

Known collections of high grade GA, not slabbed, kept raw, left unentombed... call it what you will, I call them reader collections :D

The real question is which of the really great collections ARE in the Registry. The answer is not many, and for GA maybe the answer is NONE.

Doug Schmell/Capt Tripps was one of the few mega-collectors with his collection represented, although I don't know what state it's in now with all the sales. I think Barton/Ghost Town is in there, and maybe a few other top SA collectors.

Otherwise, it's not a sandbox that most of the big boys deign to play in. Plus, it's only for slabbed books, and the vast majority of books in the great GA collections haven't been slabbed.

The Dentist's

Verzyl's

Jon Berk's

Bangzoom's

Mr Bedrock's

Adamstrange's

Steve Geppi

Ian Levine

Christine Farrell

Steve Fishler

Robert Roter

Tom Brulato

The Dentist's

Verzyl's

Jon Berk's

Bangzoom's

Mr Bedrock's

Adamstrange's

What collections?

The Dentist's MH Action 1, Allentown Tec 27

Verzyl's MH Marvel Mystery Comics run among other books

Jon Berk's Incredible GA collection

Bangzoom's See above

Mr Bedrock's Amazing GA collection, mostly/all slabbed

Adamstrange's Unbelievable SA collection with many White Mountain copies

The Dentist's

Verzyl's

Jon Berk's

Bangzoom's

Mr Bedrock's

Adamstrange's

Steve Geppi

Ian Levine

Christine Farrell

Steve Fishler

Robert Roter

Tom Brulato

I remembered Geppi after I posted. I left the DC heavy hitters for you, Tim (thumbs u

The Dentist's

Verzyl's

Jon Berk's

Bangzoom's

Mr Bedrock's

Adamstrange's

Steve Geppi

Ian Levine

Christine Farrell

Steve Fishler

Robert Roter

Tom Brulato

Hasn't most of the PC books been sold off? What did he keep?

All of the PC Marvels have been sold off. He's still got a lot of the DCs.

The Dentist's

Verzyl's

Jon Berk's

Bangzoom's

Mr Bedrock's

Adamstrange's

Steve Geppi

Ian Levine

Christine Farrell

Steve Fishler

Robert Roter

Tom Brulato

I remembered Geppi after I posted. I left the DC heavy hitters for you, Tim (thumbs u

lol I don't think there are enough digits in the Registry to accomodate Geppi's collection.

One other collector I thought of was Eric Roberts.

The Dentist's

Verzyl's

Jon Berk's

Bangzoom's

Mr Bedrock's

Adamstrange's

What collections?

The Dentist's MH Action 1, Allentown Tec 27 and probably the best GA Superman/Action/Batman/Detective collection in the world, among many many other books

Verzyl's MH Marvel Mystery Comics run among other books that constitute the finest Timely collection in the world

Jon Berk's Incredible GA collection

Bangzoom's See above

Mr Bedrock's Amazing GA collection, mostly/all slabbed

Adamstrange's Unbelievable SA and Atomic Age collection with many White Mountain Mile High and numerous other GA/Atomic Age pedigree copies

Just added some supplemental information

The Dentist's

Verzyl's

Jon Berk's

Bangzoom's

Mr Bedrock's

Adamstrange's

Steve Geppi

Ian Levine

Christine Farrell

Steve Fishler

Robert Roter

Tom Brulato

lol I don't think there are enough digits in the Registry to accomodate Geppi's collection.

And of course the Board's own Rarehighgrade.

The Dentist's

Verzyl's

Jon Berk's

Bangzoom's

Mr Bedrock's

Adamstrange's

Steve Geppi

Ian Levine

Christine Farrell

Steve Fishler

Robert Roter

Tom Brulato

And of course the Board's own Rarehighgrade.

There's a few boardies that belong on that list, and of course my mind is drawing a blank at 1:14 AM lol

The famous owner of the Curator FFs. None of those are slabbed, either, except probably the #1 that got sold before he got to them and would be unpedigreed. That run could be #3 behind Doug and Tom, but nobody knows what they'd grade at, except to assume it's almost certainly 9.x on almost everything.

I always assume about 80% of collections aren't in the registry...so if you're say #20 in a set right now, you're probably around #100 worldwide, unless it's a mostly Modern set, in which case you're likely to be anywhere between #200 to #10000. (shrug) My FF run isn't in the registry, but I'd be somewhere around #5 on the current list, more like somewhere near the bottom of the top 50 including the runs not listed.