• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cracking slabs for sigs..

My results for cracking slabs to get a sig  

129 members have voted

1. 1. My results for cracking slabs to get a sig

25 posts in this topic

While we're on the topic of cracking out books, my experience with PGX has been HORRIBLE. I've had a number of 9.8's drop after getting signed and submitted to CGC. I used to think it was a great deal to pick up a PGX 9.8 for much less than a CGC 9.8 of the same book, but it turns out you get what you pay for. Every now and then I take a flyer, hoping that my luck will turn out better, but I almost always end up disappointed. Once I purchased a PGX 9.8 copy of Star Wars #1, but after inspecting the book, concluded that it would be lucky to get 9.6 from CGC. I ended up selling it on feebay, and the buyer was so outraged once he saw the book in person that he claimed that the book must have somehow been switched.

And I've also had a couple of blue label PGX books end up as SS Restored with CGC.

This is a completely different ball game though. Cracking a CGC book and resubmitting it to CGC is like night and day compared to sending CGC a cracked PGX book.

It's the difference between getting it done and getting it done right (thumbs u

While we're on the topic of cracking out books, my experience with PGX has been HORRIBLE. I've had a number of 9.8's drop after getting signed and submitted to CGC. I used to think it was a great deal to pick up a PGX 9.8 for much less than a CGC 9.8 of the same book, but it turns out you get what you pay for. Every now and then I take a flyer, hoping that my luck will turn out better, but I almost always end up disappointed. Once I purchased a PGX 9.8 copy of Star Wars #1, but after inspecting the book, concluded that it would be lucky to get 9.6 from CGC. I ended up selling it on feebay, and the buyer was so outraged once he saw the book in person that he claimed that the book must have somehow been switched.

And I've also had a couple of blue label PGX books end up as SS Restored with CGC.

This is a completely different ball game though. Cracking a CGC book and resubmitting it to CGC is like night and day compared to sending CGC a cracked PGX book.

the thought had crossed my mind about looking at some pgx books to crack and resub to cgc... guess that idea is out now.

Yep, it's like comparing apples and ... well ... 4-month old oranges that have been wrapped in a turd-blanket and run over by a car.

Play the PGX-resub game & you will be disappointed.