• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Sub-Mariner (1968) #59

23 posts in this topic

I'd be filing a complaint. Half a grade, even a full grade is almost expected from most ebay sellers(forum members excluded of course) but 2FULL grades!? That's false advertising.

Hmm - any thoughts on what to do? I'm going to contact the seller - unfortunately I already left good feedback for him...

Always make sure a seller offers a full refund if not satisfied. Doesnt matter where you buy. If hes not listing his refund policy, ask him. If he wont reply to questions, move on. Always make sure your satisfied with the product before leaving any type of feedback. I dont care if he delivers it the next day if its mis-graded. Buying raw books has become a krapshoot. Just my 2c

DRX

Here is the auction, which started out at $3. I seriously don't recall any blemishes on the cover, as your scanner shows. Look at my scans. You also stated that I didn't have a description listed in my auction. As I place very descriptive descriptions in my auctions, I wondered if you were addressing the correct 'ebay tool'.I have sold hundreds of comics with nobody contesting my grading. If you're not happy, send the $3 book back, and I'll give you a refund AS STATED in my auctions. Anybody can over-brighten their scans to make a book look worse than it actually is, which is apparently what you've done. I also state that I stand by my grade, and if you check my feedback, you'll see many other happy customers, who agreed with my grading, or even thought I undergraded.I can't even remember that last time I got negged, and I've been on ebay since 1998.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160358446768&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT

373829896.jpg

373829919.jpg

Whoa, whoa, whoa! I'm not picking a fight, I'm asking for advice here on this thread, and it was suggested this comic is more like a 7 than a 9. I understand your actual description does a decent job of describing the book in words, as I wrote in my messages to you, but you still used the term 'vf/nm' very clearly in the title, and I wanted to know if you strongly disagreed with another assessment which suggested it is more like a fn/vf. You will note from this thread that it was not I who suggested taking any action until it was noted by another that if there really was a 2 grade difference it would be worth investigating.

I will note that the scan on the ebay posting lower res than mine, but you can still see the nick along the top of the front cover. The lower right front cover blunting is obscured by the ebay photo logo (-edit- it _was_ obscured on the ebay listing, obviously not here...).

Whoa, whoa, whoa! I'm not picking a fight, I'm asking for advice here on this thread, and it was suggested this comic is more like a 7 than a 9. I understand your actual description does a decent job of describing the book in words, as I wrote in my messages to you, but you still used the term 'vf/nm' very clearly in the title, and I wanted to know if you strongly disagreed with another assessment which suggested it is more like a fn/vf. You will note from this thread that it was not I who suggested taking any action until it was noted by another that if there really was a 2 grade difference it would be worth investigating.

I will note that the scan on the ebay posting lower res than mine, but you can still see the nick along the top of the front cover. The lower right front cover blunting is obscured by the ebay photo logo.

As I said, just send it back. It certainly isn't worth it to me to argue differences of opinion when it comes to grading. Especially over such an insignificant amount. May I suggest to you that in the future, only buy books that have already been graded. That way, you'll have your happy little number up in the corner, regardless of what the book actually looks like.

I will note that the scan on the ebay posting lower res than mine, but you can still see the nick along the top of the front cover. The lower right front cover blunting is obscured by the ebay photo logo.

As I said, just send it back. It certainly isn't worth it to me to argue differences of opinion when it comes to grading. Especially over such an insignificant amount. May I suggest to you that in the future, only buy books that have already been graded. That way, you'll have your happy little number up in the corner, regardless of what the book actually looks like.

OK, here's the deal. I'm not unhappy with the book, and I'm not all that unhappy about how much I paid for it, given the slightly higher premium attached to this issue versus neighboring issues in the series. I came on here to see what people thought about it, to see if they would come up with a VF/NM grade or not. I was actually surprised how low the assessments came back. This is a trivial amount of money - I don't want a refund, but I'm a learner in this business, having only just re-entered the comics world after a long absence, and this is a good learning experience for me about buying and grading issues should I actually get into a deal where real money is involved.

All you have are the opinions of three other guys here, among thousands, one of which apparently has a problem with ebay sellers. I consider myself a fair and honest seller. Between my scans and my descriptions, what you see is what you get. Your scan makes the book appear to have more wear then is actually there. The black background looks faded, when in actuality, it looked 'in-hand' as it does in my scan.

VK this book looks like an 8.0 to me.I dont know why everyone is hitting this book so hard for? (shrug) I think you graded this book very well,and for nine bucks how can one loose

On reflection, "in hand" it looks better than my scan I think - I guess this is a case of be careful when grading from a scanned image...