• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stuart Immonen, Dale Keown and more signing at The Dragon - Guelph, ON Sept 19th

33 posts in this topic

To celebrate the stores 11th anniversary, as well as a move to a new location in the Old Quebec Street Mall, The Dragon is pleased to announce a very special store signing on September 19th, 2009.

Guests include:

Stuart Immonen (Ultimate Spiderman, www.immonen.ca)

Kathryn Immonen (Runaways)

Dale Keown (Pitt, www.fullbleed.com)

webcomics star Lar DeSouza (Least I Could Do, www.leasticoulddo.com, www.lfgcomic.com)

Scott Chantler (Northwest Passage, www.scottchantler.com)

Jay Stephens (creator of the animated television shows ‘The Secret Saturdays’ and 'Tutenstein')

The guests will be signing copies of their work and sketching. Stuart Immonen will be

sketching on behalf of the Hero Initiative, a non-profit organization providing financial support to retired comic professionals.

3909878680_434f5f34cd_o.jpg

Other events happening that weekend:

a storewide sale from the 18th to the 20th of September

a Space Hulk night with a speed painting contest on the 18th

a Magic tournament on the 20th

Information on all these events is available on our website - www.thedragonweb.com

Telephone - 1-519-763-5544

3909876476_58f738f823_o.gif

Now located in The Old Quebec Street Mall at 55 Wyndham St North, Guelph, Ontario, The Dragon has been operating in Guelph since September 1998, providing comics, games, and anime to the community. It strives to be more than your average comic store, by providing services to schools and libraries, and by being kid-friendly and girl-friendly, under the guidance of owner (and teacher) Jenn and manager Amy.

The Dragon is a proud sponsor of the Joe Shuster Awards, sponsoring the new Comics for Kids Award, which will be handed out September 26th, 2009.

3909879024_d75f4df02f_o.jpg

Can SOMEBODY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get me a Captain America Sketch on a Fallen Son by Immonen......I AM BEGGING PLEASE PLEASE

Dan,

Below is a quote from their website.

The Grand Opening Event! September 18th-20th

We're busily putting together a great event to celebrate not only our grand opening, but also our 11th anniversary! On the 19th, from 11-4, we will have Stuart Immonen (Ultimate Spiderman, Nextwave, Ultimate Fantastic Four), Kathryn Immonen (Patsy Walker Hellcat, Runaways), Lar DeSouza (Least I Could Do, Looking for Group), Scott Chantler (Northwest Passage, Hawaiian ) and, JUST ANNOUNCED, Dale Keown (Pitt, Hulk) and Jay Stephens (Owl Magazine, Secret Saturdays)!

Stuart will even be sketching for the Hero Initiative with the following requirements: A minimum $25 donation, head sketches only, and only in a bound sketchbook or TPB/HC book.

There's a big Magic tournament on the 20th!

And of course, our 11th anniversary SALE will run all three days! Stay tuned for more info!

So not to sure about Immonen sketching on a sketch cover...

Can SOMEBODY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get me a Captain America Sketch on a Fallen Son by Immonen......I AM BEGGING PLEASE PLEASE

Dan,

Below is a quote from their website.

The Grand Opening Event! September 18th-20th

We're busily putting together a great event to celebrate not only our grand opening, but also our 11th anniversary! On the 19th, from 11-4, we will have Stuart Immonen (Ultimate Spiderman, Nextwave, Ultimate Fantastic Four), Kathryn Immonen (Patsy Walker Hellcat, Runaways), Lar DeSouza (Least I Could Do, Looking for Group), Scott Chantler (Northwest Passage, Hawaiian ) and, JUST ANNOUNCED, Dale Keown (Pitt, Hulk) and Jay Stephens (Owl Magazine, Secret Saturdays)!

Stuart will even be sketching for the Hero Initiative with the following requirements: A minimum $25 donation, head sketches only, and only in a bound sketchbook or TPB/HC book.

There's a big Magic tournament on the 20th!

And of course, our 11th anniversary SALE will run all three days! Stay tuned for more info!

So not to sure about Immonen sketching on a sketch cover...

Drew,

If you can get a sketch for Immonen in a TPB for Dan, I will pay for the TPB and sketch for him. Let me know,

Alex

Alex you rock!! I really appreciate you trying to get me something. I wish there was a Captain America HC reprinting his contribution to Cap #50 :(

Drew, dont worry about getting me a sketch if he refuses to sketch on a Fallen Son. I dont understand why he is so particular about what he sketches on.