• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buying from ComicLink is getting to be a real pain in my arse.

46 posts in this topic

I am 99% sure that they send things via fed ex this way and require a signature because Fed Ex limits their liability to $500 per package no matter what value you put on it, and if Comiclink has 3rd party insurance (such as Collectibles Insurance Agency) their policy will cover all packages to and from Clink as long as it is sent signature required.

I have had policies like this in the past for my artwork. You can ship USPS or Fed Ex with sig required and they will cover up to $60,000 per package. However, if you ship UPS with sig required they will only cover up to $2500 :eek: That tells you what the insurance world thinks of UPS.

I thought you might want to know why they ship the way they do.

Best,

Chris

I don't care about the signature requirement, I do care that I can't sign the form and leave it for the next delivery attempt. It's the in-person part that's obnoxious.

I agree...I have had the same problem before. I was unclear before. Their policy more than likely demands a hand off from Fed Ex to you (or someone at your house).

USPS Insured is almost always an option for the these types of policies and most likely a shorter drive for you. I would ask for that.

Best,

C

Andy, have you spoke to Josh about this? I am sure he is open to shipping methods for better customer service. (thumbs u

I buy from them infrequently, but they come up with nice stuff so I don't want to stop buying from them completely. Next time I win something I will either call them to see if they can ship by a different method or send it somewhere where I know one of my relatives will be at home.

I don't care about the signature requirement, I do care that I can't sign the form and leave it for the next delivery attempt. It's the in-person part that's obnoxious.

I'm going to guess you're pretty much like me then, and when you sign the door tag, you think to yourself that you're waiving all your rights to complain if the package is stolen from your doorstep. You trust your neighbors, you trust your neighborhood, and you're willing to risk leaving it outside.

ComicLink doesn't know your neighborhood, nor does it know whether or not you'll say "oh, my bad" if you sign for it to be left at your door and the package ends up missing. Isn't the in-person signature protection for the package being stolen from you, and for them, it's removal of the risk of it being stolen and you being pissed and irate at them for something that's not their fault to begin with?

Andy - I thought you could arrange with FedEx to pick it up from their facilities. I'm lucky - I have retired parents so I have everything sent to their house. They are almost always around.

Any facility or just their warehouse?

I'll have to look into that. Maybe they can leave it at the FedEx store near my place.

You can have the package rerouted, but you have to do it before they leave it for the third time.

Aggravating as hell as i too have to drive about 30 minutes to pick up a farking package

Oh, you must hate me. :blush:

They usually send mine UPS when I'm not home. :tonofbricks:

Although the last time a UPS man came up and put the tag on the door without ringing or knocking as both my wife and I were home at the time. So I had to go pick it up at a UPS center.

Sometimes UPS will leave the door tag saying it was their 3rd attempt and it will be shipped back. Of course there was never a 1st or 2nd attempt.

I can't understand how USPS gets beat out by these guys.