• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How did I get a .0?

16 posts in this topic

Has anyone else seen this grade?

I submitted this book for him. Status shows as "shipped" and in the details shows art and key comments. There are no other comments and in grade and grade text there shows a ".0"

Is this the same as "No grade"?

Is the book just being returned or is it coming back slabbed with a .0?

It's either NG (No Grade-coverless/incomplete) or they couldn't encapsulate it due to overhang.

Would I be entitled to a refund?

They give you credit unless it's the highest tier (walkthrough), then it's a refund.

This is what I hear since I've never had a overhang problem.

It's either NG (No Grade-coverless/incomplete) or they couldn't encapsulate it due to overhang.

They give you credit unless it's the highest tier (walkthrough), then it's a refund.

Not 100% sure its an overhang problem but that book was in a fairly delicate condition. I submitted it partially expecting a NG

Not 100% sure its an overhang problem but that book was in a fairly delicate condition. I submitted it partially expecting a NG

If it was badly brittle then NG might be it. (thumbs u

If it was badly brittle then NG might be it. (thumbs u

If it's badly brittle, I've heard of CGC just sending it back, saying they'd be worried the slabbing process would damage the book (shrug)

I submitted this book for him. Status shows as "shipped" and in the details shows art and key comments. There are no other comments and in grade and grade text there shows a ".0"

Is this the same as "No grade"?

Is the book just being returned or is it coming back slabbed with a .0?

There is the possibility that they didn't update the online database with the grade. I have never seen it happen, but the one thing that is for sure is that all online grades show as ".0" until they have been graded and encapsulated. I wouldn't get too twisted up until you have the book in hand. Much more likely that it is a computer glitch than that you got an actual ".0"

Was the book a complete beater and incomplete?