• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA, Four Color, Silver, and a little Bronze SLABS! Just back from CGC!

98 posts in this topic

By the way, all of these Four Colors are Bob Overstreet File copies. Purchased from the guy who bought them from Overstreet. These books were debuted at Wizard Texas. Here is some more detailed info about them...

This comic is from a recently unearthed collection of Dell File copies from the Smoky Mountain area which had been sold as a group by Bob Overstreet. This collection consisted of many westerns, many Four Colors, and several other very tough runs of books, including I Love Lucy, Tarzan, Flintstones and more. These comics sat in the back room of an antique mall for approximately 15 - 20 years before being found by collector, who subsequently purchased the entire group. Most of the books in this group were marked "Overstreet Copy", and several of the books were thought to be Mile High copies(this was following consultation by Stephen Ritter and Matt Nelson). Well over 75% of the books were very high grade, and most of the books have remarkable gloss and color. Page quality on the higher grade books generally ranged from cream to off white/white.

I have more of these books available raw in my ebay store.