• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Venus 19 board member comission

26 posts in this topic

The whole thing is excellent! How did you get the small numbers so perfect?

I bet he's using a light table. NTTAWWT.

Does it matter?

No, hence the NTTAWWT, which stands for "Not that there's anything wrong with that". He's not using the light table to ink (if he is even using one), and his inks are dynamite.

It matters because I am an artist and a good calligrapher. I would like to know how to do it myself. I don't think I could achieve that even with a light box.

It takes great patience and some skill with pen / brush and inks.

A good caligrapher can do it for sure, and probably do a better job at the lettering than I do.

:)

Yes a light table is involved, and I use pens of varying thickness, brushes and different techniques of control. Example: Pressing harder at the beggining and as you make your stroke lifting the pen off the page creates a line that is thicker to start and gets thinner at the end. Doing several of these in a row is not easy.

I am also proud to say none of my recreations so far have any white paint/ white plaka on them.

All I can say is try it Ron.