• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the top ten silver keys if we started a portfolio?

114 posts in this topic

Top ten well balanced portfolio

(hyper growth, growth, and conservative)

hyper growth

Amazing Fantasy 15

Showcase 22

Avengers 1

growth

Brave and the Bold 28

Tales of Suspense 39

Hulk 1

Conservative

Showcase 4

Amazing Spiderman 1

Fantastic Four 1

X-men 1

2c (thumbs u

This is the perfect list (worship)

I'd include JIM83 in an investment portfolio. It hasn't appreciated to nearly the same degree as the other early SA Marvel mega-keys.

I actually would include JIM83 under growth on my list (yes,I do own a copy), if there were 11 in the portfolio. I'm lacking a few from my top ten list otherwise my balance portfolio would be complete. (thumbs u

hyper growth

Amazing Fantasy 15

Showcase 22

Avengers 1

growth

Brave and the Bold 28

Tales of Suspense 39

Hulk 1

Conservative

Showcase 4

Amazing Spiderman 1

Fantastic Four 1

X-men 1

2c (thumbs u

Maybe sub Avengers 4 for Avengers 1.

hyper growth

Amazing Fantasy 15

Showcase 22

Avengers 1

growth

Brave and the Bold 28

Tales of Suspense 39

Hulk 1

Conservative

Showcase 4

Amazing Spiderman 1

Fantastic Four 1

X-men 1

2c (thumbs u

This list contains some of the top value Silver Age keys. Don't get me wrong...Avengers 4 is a significant book, but Avengers 1 is higher in value. ;)

hyper growth

Amazing Fantasy 15

Showcase 22

Avengers 1

growth

Brave and the Bold 28

Tales of Suspense 39

Hulk 1

Conservative

Showcase 4

Amazing Spiderman 1

Fantastic Four 1

X-men 1

2c (thumbs u

This list contains some of the top value Silver Age keys. Don't get me wrong...Avengers 4 is a significant book, but Avengers 1 is higher in value. ;)

But for hyper-growth in high-grade, take the #4.

But then again, I'm a DC guy who sold an AF 15 and kept the Showcase 4. :shrug:

hyper growth

Amazing Fantasy 15

Showcase 22

Avengers 1

growth

Brave and the Bold 28

Tales of Suspense 39

Hulk 1

Conservative

Showcase 4

Amazing Spiderman 1

Fantastic Four 1

X-men 1

2c (thumbs u

Not to be a hater, but isn't this simply the top ten SA keys? Further, they are recognized as such, so how much price appreciation can you expect?

hyper growth

Amazing Fantasy 15

Isn't this already the highest price SA comicbook? Or does "hyper growth" also include hyper risk? I doubt that's what you mean. I think you're implying this book will grow faster than the other books on the list.

If that's the case, why don't you just buy 10 copies of AF 15? What's with this concept of "diversification" if the only attribute you are considering is "growth" and not "risk"?

hyper growth

Amazing Fantasy 15

Showcase 22

Avengers 1

growth

Brave and the Bold 28

Tales of Suspense 39

Hulk 1

Conservative

Showcase 4

Amazing Spiderman 1

Fantastic Four 1

X-men 1

2c (thumbs u

Not to be a hater, but isn't this simply the top ten SA keys? Further, they are recognized as such, so how much price appreciation can you expect?

hyper growth

Amazing Fantasy 15

Isn't this already the highest price SA comicbook? Or does "hyper growth" also include hyper risk? I doubt that's what you mean. I think you're implying this book will grow faster than the other books on the list.

If that's the case, why don't you just buy 10 copies of AF 15? What's with this concept of "diversification" if the only attribute you are considering is "growth" and not "risk"?

+1

hyper growth

Amazing Fantasy 15

Showcase 22

Avengers 1

growth

Brave and the Bold 28

Tales of Suspense 39

Hulk 1

Conservative

Showcase 4

Amazing Spiderman 1

Fantastic Four 1

X-men 1

2c (thumbs u

hyper growth

Amazing Fantasy 15

+1

Yes, these are among the top Silver Age keys. I have divided the ten books in three category: hyper growth, growth, and conservative. AF15 is in hyper growth, because I think it should be the out performer in the long term. I wouldn't put all my basket in AF15, because in would be too risky, so I have ten different books for diversification. Overall, the ten books from this list has outperform the S & P 500 the last ten years.

AF 15 is pretty much at the height of it's growth already so it isn't really a good investment right now, there 10 copies for sale at any given time. SA DC has a lot of catching up to do o there are still potential diamonds in the rough you can get cheap and sell high later, although the ship has sailed on SC22. I'd probably go a little more obscure to find Marvel diamonds like JIM annual #1, Strange Tales and other lesser keys right now.

Buy high sell low is not a good strategy (thumbs u

Not to be a hater, but isn't this simply the top ten SA keys?

Err...that's what the title of the thread is, it's what the original poster asked for. :makepoint: While the reality is that buying ten copies of AF15 is probably the best investment, that doesn't make for much of a thread.

If you can pick 10 silver age keys from 1955 to 1967 to invest in, what would they be and why?

10 copies of GI Combat 87

Guide is still low on this book and it's not available in HG like some of the superhero stuff.

Not to be a hater, but isn't this simply the top ten SA keys?

Err...that's what the title of the thread is, it's what the original poster asked for. :makepoint: While the reality is that buying ten copies of AF15 is probably the best investment, that doesn't make for much of a thread.

I can read and I read the title as "the top ten silver keys if I started a portfolio". That isn't necessarily the same as the top ten silver age keys. The implication is for investment purposes, not just "key" value. But whatever. Invest or collect whatever you want.

The first post:

If you can pick 10 silver age keys from 1955 to 1967 to invest in, what would they be and why?Please give this some good thought as I am going to ask the mods for this to be a sticky. :wishluck: this is for investment purposes only.not a great read. :)

Exactly, do you guys really think buying an AF15 today is a wise investment? REALLY? A lot of other SA books have more room to appreciate, mainly 1st apps of villains, ASM 14, FF5, GL7 etc. These could grow way more rapidly than any of the other ''top 10'' which will probably stagnate in the affordable grades.

I know AF15 had that great run-up last year. My top ten Silver Age keys is based for a portfolio for the long term which is 10-20 years. To buy all these books CGC 2.0 in would cost a collector or an investor about $12000.

Ah, but would an investor purchase CGC 2.0 copies or would they purchase the highest grade available? Using your $12K figure, I would purchase the highest graded books of a particular mainstream silverage title I could find. 2c

If you can pick 10 silver age keys from 1955 to 1967 to invest in, what would they be and why?

10 copies of GI Combat 87

Guide is still low on this book and it's not available in HG like some of the superhero stuff.

shhhhhh I still haven't gotten myself a copy yet!