• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman Arkham Asylum vs Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

16 posts in this topic

I liked Batman better than MUA2, hell I liked MUA1 better than MUA2... What I really liked about part 1 was that depending on what you did or didnt do different outcomes could happen in the future. I will be trading in MUA2 after i beat it on pro-registration

Rent MUA2 - it's not worth buying at least right now. Minor characters, no good Marvel in-jokes - feels like they had a story in mind to start with then mid-way had to change to the Civil War BS.

Hopefully, there will be some DLC that will make this title worth picking up. Otherwise it will be $9.99 bin fodder very soon.

5 out of 10 IMHO

Don't have anything to add other than i'm finally going to get off the fence and go get a PS3. Anyone have any recommendations as to which version? I know they have different size hard drives and now there's a slim version available. Not sure which to get. All I do know is that I want to play Arkham Asylum and Assassins Creed 2 is due out soon. So it's time to pony up and get a console.

Don't have anything to add other than i'm finally going to get off the fence and go get a PS3. Anyone have any recommendations as to which version? I know they have different size hard drives and now there's a slim version available. Not sure which to get. All I do know is that I want to play Arkham Asylum and Assassins Creed 2 is due out soon. So it's time to pony up and get a console.

:applause:

I made the move to a console (Xbox360) when Dead Rising came out (kick arse game BTW) and have not regretted my decision once.

I got tired of either not having a title released for PC or having to spend $300+ on a new component every time a new game came out just go be able to play it.

I was quite surprised to see that Batman AA was released on PC this go around.

If all you're going to do is play games, BluRay movies, and play online, I probably wouldn't stress too much about which version of PS3 to get. They will all do this and they will all still play PS1 games, but none of the current versions (fat or slim) will play PS2 games. The main difference between some of them now is the lack of card readers and the number of USB ports available on particular models (the newer versions have two USB ports which can be increased with an inexpensive adapter). I've got an old school 80GB fat PS3 that still has all of these on it and I never use them.

Also, it does look like they are going to be re-issueing some popular PS2 games that have been reformatted(?) to play on the PS3. For instance, since God of War III is coming out early next year for the PS3, they are going to re-issue a collected version of the first two God of War PS2 games that will be compatible and play on all the PS3's.

The new slim has a 120GB hard drive (which is pretty big), and they're supposed to be releasing a 250 GB soon, but it will cost more. Whichever you go for...a leftover fat version or the new slim...I'd probably go for the cheaper one with the smaller hard drive and then just upgrade the drive to a bigger one if you want to. It's easy to swap the drive yourself and you can pick up a very high quality Seagate or Western Digital 320GB drive for about $59 or a massive 500GB version for about $99. I don't really need a bigger drive, but have been thinking of upgrading mine to the Western Digital 500GB just because I can and because it's so cheap to do it. I believe Sony uses Seagate drives in the PS3...so that would be a good choice as well...but I've read really good reviews about the Western Digital and have been leaning towards it.

If all you're going to do is play games, BluRay movies, and play online, I probably wouldn't stress too much about which version of PS3 to get. They will all do this and they will all still play PS1 games, but none of the current versions (fat or slim) will play PS2 games. The main difference between some of them now is the lack of card readers and the number of USB ports available on particular models (the newer versions have two USB ports which can be increased with an inexpensive adapter). I've got an old school 80GB fat PS3 that still has all of these on it and I never use them.

Also, it does look like they are going to be re-issueing some popular PS2 games that have been reformatted(?) to play on the PS3. For instance, since God of War III is coming out early next year for the PS3, they are going to re-issue a collected version of the first two God of War PS2 games that will be compatible and play on all the PS3's.

The new slim has a 120GB hard drive (which is pretty big), and they're supposed to be releasing a 250 GB soon, but it will cost more. Whichever you go for...a leftover fat version or the new slim...I'd probably go for the cheaper one with the smaller hard drive and then just upgrade the drive to a bigger one if you want to. It's easy to swap the drive yourself and you can pick up a very high quality Seagate or Western Digital 320GB drive for about $59 or a massive 500GB version for about $99. I don't really need a bigger drive, but have been thinking of upgrading mine to the Western Digital 500GB just because I can and because it's so cheap to do it. I believe Sony uses Seagate drives in the PS3...so that would be a good choice as well...but I've read really good reviews about the Western Digital and have been leaning towards it.

Thanks for the info Domo! Very helpful.

I've always loved gaming but hadn't done much of it since my kids were born (2002, 2005). Anyway, when I first saw the previews for Assassins Creed I flipped out at how amazing it looked. I went out and bought an xbox 360, beat that game and promptly returned the system to Target. I guess I figured I wouldn't have the time to play.

As it turns out, I was wrong and have been wanting to get a console again. Definitely going to go with the PS3 this time.

I will only be playing games and 99.9% of those games won't be online. I don't even own a blu-ray player nor do I collect movies so I think you're right that I should just buy whatever PS3 and not worry about it. I think the slim with a 120g sounds perfect.

Anybody hear anything bad about the slim version? That seems to be the one in stock at most places around me.

I'll pickup Arkham, Assassins Creed 2 and NHL 10 and that will probably last me a good long while.

I'm getting excited. Maybe I'll just go pick it up today! :D

I am almost finished MUA2 on pro-registration and I must admit I have been pretty disappointed. First of all it is just way to easy. I don't think I have even lost a life yet and with health icons available seemingly ever 2 minutes it is hard to do so. There is also no real challenge to it as there is the magic arrow that tells you where to go next. I realize you could just not look at the arrow and that is fine as the game is so linear there is no real need to anyways.

MUA1 was one of my favourite games and is much more interesting than MUA2.

Legendary Mode is a bit tougher, but I've been getting through it okay. I'm currently on my second play though in Legendary mode. Even though it states that "nothing" carries over when you start the new mode, all of my characters were still levelled up.

I'm in Act III on my 2nd play through (this time as Pro-Reg) and all my characters are at level 50 or slightly higher.