• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much $ would a CGC 9.8 copy of Action Comics #1 sell for?

262 posts in this topic

Simple if you are Warren Buffet and you have childhood memories its worth his price not the were did I make up these numbers like the Overstreet guide made up, its not liquid its a hobby thats got crazyl I also wish best regards to my fellow collectors,let me know when a bank loans money on a comic. I will take my collection to them.I love this hobby, however its the current flavor of the day,lets all thank CGC its the spark in this subject..I would love to revisit comics 10 years from today.I love them anyway(AMERICANA )at its best,prices are just not real.

An interesting perspective. The future of comic collecting is a mystery to me, I certainly see the big dollar books in high grade always being desireable and collectible but the lower grade mid-grade non key stuff? Not to certain on those.

I thank you.Best regards fernando

However, we may be at/near the peak of the earnings potential of the last mass generation of collectors

If you were 16 in 1995, you're 30 today. Is the average 30-year old at the peak of his earnings potential?

That's the wrong question to ask. Don't look at it on a micro-level, look at it on a macro level. The average 30-year old may have more earnings potential to come, but, as a group, today's teens, 20 and early 30-somethings are likely to be worse off as a group than today's mid-to-late 30-somethings through the Baby Boom generation. Those of us who are a bit older had the benefit of buoyant job and asset markets for most of our lives, along with less overseas competition and a friendly regulatory and tax regime. Not to mention having the benefit of a technological revolution, all of which saw the greatest economic expansion and creation of wealth in the history of mankind.

It's getting harder and harder to get by, let alone get rich, in this post-bubble era. You know all the talk about living/spending beyond our means the past 25 years? Well, that's coming to the fore now and it's only the start of a secular trend that will last years, if not decades.

So, yes, I do believe that we are in the hey-day of the peak earnings potential for the greatest number of people who will still pay stupid prices for comic book-related material (mid-Gen-Xers and Baby Boomers).

Been pondering this the last two days. If the post-Gen-X generation does end up poorer than prior ones due to this recession, won't their inability to buy affect all markets and not just comics? I haven't been able to come up with much that WOULDN'T be impacted by newer generations being unable to build wealth as easily as past generations have. hm

F.F. I enjoy your views,spot on! Best regards Fernando