• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My latest cover recreation - Tomb of Dracula #16 painting

92 posts in this topic

Anyone with half a brain who does not want to distort reality can look at that list of posts and see that many of them are IN RESPONSE to other posts from within the same thread. You still have not answered how including "Want a commission? Send me a PM or e-mail, or whatever it says" and complaining about someone else doing it does not smack of hypocrisy. Is it not hypocritical only because YOU'RE doing it? Taking a stand against something that you are doing yourself is hypocrisy. There is only one rational reason as to why you are doing this, and I'm sure that everyone else can make that determination.

Nice work in steering the thread away from PTs art..I am sure you are proud of yourself..

And picking on girls..how sweet bet your mamma's favorite

PT is a girl? Sorry my bad. I only pick on male artists who can't follow guidelines.

There are some people who get their jollies from trying to bully others. This self-proclaimed authority/Internet tough guy routine is the only way they can exercise any power in their life. Best just to ignore them.

BTW, I am not referring to Ed, FT88.

Nice painting! :acclaim:

Anyone with half a brain who does not want to distort reality can look at that list of posts and see that many of them are IN RESPONSE to other posts from within the same thread. You still have not answered how including "Want a commission? Send me a PM or e-mail, or whatever it says" and complaining about someone else doing it does not smack of hypocrisy. Is it not hypocritical only because YOU'RE doing it? Taking a stand against something that you are doing yourself is hypocrisy. There is only one rational reason as to why you are doing this, and I'm sure that everyone else can make that determination.

Yep you aren't following the rules, plain and simple. Turn it anyway you want, don't really care. I post the people I represent and the shows I go to in my sig line. If you knew the rules, oh well NM.

The spam picture was funny and so true.

Nice work in steering the thread away from PTs art..I am sure you are proud of yourself..

Not *Sure is a girl? Sorry my bad. I only pick on male artists who can't follow guidelines.

There fixed it for you jerko

Not *Sure is a girl? Sorry my bad. I only pick on male artists who can't follow guidelines.

I could sure tell from the avatar.

I don't understand why this isn't acceptable to list here. It is not selling if you don't say "wanna custom painted cover email me" right?

I have posted pictures of my dolls and art on this forum. I am not selling them to you guys..I do sell them elsewhere. Maybe someone here would enjoy looking at my dismembered baby dolls?

I think he does excellent work and I enjoy seeing them. Why should I have to dig through other threads to see his posts?

If anyone here doesn't care for his posts why can't they just NOT LOOK at them..or turn the computer off and meditate or something?

That's not how it works, though - if someone spams the forum with 10 identical threads, are we supposed to just not look at the threads and allow the poster to continue spamming with impunity?

You may very well feel that this thread is acceptable within Comics General - that's fine & well, but the Forum Guidelines disagree with you. PtTuller is not being singled out unfairly - this is the 4th time he's created this sort of thread in Comics General, and it's time for him to realize that he needs to follow the guidelines just like everyone else and put his threads in the sub-forum where they belong.

There are some people who get their jollies from trying to bully others. This self-proclaimed authority/Internet tough guy routine is the only way they can exercise any power in their life. Best just to ignore them.

BTW, I am not referring to Ed, FT88.

Nice painting! :acclaim:

kind of sounds like a certain "organization"

You still have not answered how including "Want a commission? Send me a PM or e-mail, or whatever it says" and complaining about someone else doing it does not smack of hypocrisy. Is it not hypocritical only because YOU'RE doing it? Taking a stand against something that you are doing yourself is hypocrisy. There is only one rational reason as to why you are doing this, and I'm sure that everyone else can make that determination.

The forum guidelines allow that sort of thing in signature lines - just like links to ebay stores, outside websites, want lists, your blog, pictures of favorite CGC books, etc, are allowed as well. But just because they're allowed in signature lines, doesn't mean they're acceptable within a Comics General post.

Nobody would bat an eyelid if you added "If there is anyone who is interested in a cover recreation, just send me a PM and I will get back to you with further information" to your sig line.

I could sure tell from the avatar.

Well I can understand you not knowing off the cuff what one looks like..they probably avoid you like the plague with manners like yours..

PTTuller, why not just do as they suggest, and put a couple of lines underneath your nice artwork with the same statement in reduced fonts and maybe a link to your sales page?

I think it's a bit of hypocrisy for the major stone caster to promote his own work in a slightly less obscure manner, and yet be the one pointing out the smote in his brother's eye. Be that as it may, to avoid future contention just post your illustrations and make the sales solicitation part a bit less obscure.

And if it still brings the ire of others, than move it over to Original Art thread as suggested.

You have some great work, try not to rock the boat much; word of mouth works well also.

PTTuller, why not just do as they suggest, and put a couple of lines underneath your nice artwork with the same statement in reduced fonts and maybe a link to your sales page?

I think it's a bit of hypocrisy for the major stone caster to promote his own work in a slightly less obscure manner, and yet be the one pointing out the smote in his brother's eye. Be that as it may, to avoid future contention just post your illustrations and make the sales solicitation part a bit less obscure.

Good suggestion. (thumbs u

I don't understand why this isn't acceptable to list here. It is not selling if you don't say "wanna custom painted cover email me" right?

I have posted pictures of my dolls and art on this forum. I am not selling them to you guys..I do sell them elsewhere. Maybe someone here would enjoy looking at my dismembered baby dolls?

I think he does excellent work and I enjoy seeing them. Why should I have to dig through other threads to see his posts?

If anyone here doesn't care for his posts why can't they just NOT LOOK at them..or turn the computer off and meditate or something?

That's not how it works, though - if someone spams the forum with 10 identical threads, are we supposed to just not look at the threads and allow the poster to continue spamming with impunity?

You may very well feel that this thread is acceptable within Comics General - that's fine & well, but the Forum Guidelines disagree with you. PtTuller is not being singled out unfairly - this is the 4th time he's created this sort of thread in Comics General, and it's time for him to realize that he needs to follow the guidelines just like everyone else and put his threads in the sub-forum where they belong.

I am not going to continue with a flame war. The question that I asked about hypocrisy was not directly answered, but we can all draw our own conclusions about this. I respect those who are not hypocrites that posted rational arguments as to why this thread should not be placed in Comics General, and I will certainly comply with this. However, if I see ANYONE else posting a thread with artwork in Comics General who does not receive this type of admonition, then there will be an apparent double standard at work. Why I have been singled out I do not know, since I am aware of other similar posts (which have not been mentioned, strangely enough) where the poster has not been raked over the coals for the same thing. My thanks to Not*Sure* and others who enjoyed looking at my work. Also, thanks Pirate for indirectly answering my question.

The bottom line is that there are places to pimp your stuff and General is not one of them. The OP's artwork is simply fantastic. I would consider a commission. But do it the right way, please.

You can pimp it in the OA Marketplace, and you can pimp it in the SS Room and you can pimp it in your sig lines. But you can't pimp it in General, and neither wishing nor crying can make it so. It is not rocket science. Dropping the SPAM was funny and a little harsh. Taking Anthony (and Michael and Ed and Spoon) to task for calling the OP out on a rules violation is lame.