• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My latest cover recreation - Tomb of Dracula #16 painting

92 posts in this topic

i'd love to see it in comic art marketplace as that's all this is in every forum, a big sale.

There is one last thing that I find unusual about this move to stop me from posting artwork w/commission requests in Comics General. If I am not allowed to post artwork here with an unobtrusive request for commissions at the bottom of the post, why is it okay for Pirate to include "Want a commission? PM me or click here" with a link in his tagline? Personally, I have no problem with this, but it is hypocrisy of the highest order to criticize someone for posting a request for commissions in Comics General, yet do the exact same thing in your tagline. Pirate, I would be interested to hear how you can reconcile this.

I don't understand why this isn't acceptable to list here. It is not selling if you don't say "wanna custom painted cover email me" right?

I have posted pictures of my dolls and art on this forum. I am not selling them to you guys..I do sell them elsewhere. Maybe someone here would enjoy looking at my dismembered baby dolls?

I think he does excellent work and I enjoy seeing them. Why should I have to dig through other threads to see his posts?

If anyone here doesn't care for his posts why can't they just NOT LOOK at them..or turn the computer off and meditate or something?

I don't understand why this isn't acceptable to list here. It is not selling if you don't say "wanna custom painted cover email me" right?

I have posted pictures of my dolls and art on this forum. I am not selling them to you guys..I do sell them elsewhere. Maybe someone here would enjoy looking at my dismembered baby dolls?

I think he does excellent work and I enjoy seeing them. Why should I have to dig through other threads to see his posts?

If anyone here doesn't care for his posts why can't they just NOT LOOK at them..or turn the computer off and meditate or something?

I do concede to the fact that I had been asking board members to e-mail for further details if they were interested in a cover recreation. However, I would post art here WITHOUT doing that any more if that would be considered okay. The burning question on my mind is the one that I asked in my previous post, however.

i'd love to see it in comic art marketplace as that's all this is in every forum, a big sale.

There is one last thing that I find unusual about this move to stop me from posting artwork w/commission requests in Comics General. If I am not allowed to post artwork here with an unobtrusive request for commissions at the bottom of the post, why is it okay for Pirate to include "Want a commission? PM me or click here" with a link in his tagline? Personally, I have no problem with this, but it is hypocrisy of the highest order to criticize someone for posting a request for commissions in Comics General, yet do the exact same thing in your tagline. Pirate, I would be interested to hear how you can reconcile this.

I'm not starting a thread in every forum saying PM me for a commission if you like this sketch I did. There is no movement against you, you just can't grasp the forum guidelines and think this is only about you.

Want a commission click here or PM me sounds like drumming up business to me?

Pull your head out of PT Pullers butt and you will see the difference.

I'm not starting a thread in every forum saying PM me for a commission if you like this sketch I did. There is no movement against you, you just can't grasp the forum guidelines and think this is only about you.

Your assertion that I am "starting a thread in every forum" is utterly ridiculous, and you know it. You have posted in this thread multiple times and have requested commissions in each of those posts by the use of your tagline. Also, I KNOW that I am not the only person who has posted artwork in Comics General, and I did not see this type of response elsewhere. Why?

Your assertion that I am "starting a thread in every forum" is utterly ridiculous, and you know it. You have posted in this thread multiple times and have requested commissions in each of those posts by the use of your tagline. Also, I KNOW that I am not the only person who has posted artwork in Comics General, and I did not see this type of response elsewhere. Why?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=3077

That's why

Want a commission click here or PM me sounds like drumming up business to me?

Pull your head out of PT Pullers butt and you will see the difference.

Oh I see what your problem is you're just rude.

and you're not sure

I have the sig line turned off so I don't see pirates "For Sale" And it's not like having WTB in a sig line is a big turn off either.

It's simply bad form to drum up business in a CG thread. Why not have the discussion about the cover rather than whether services are for sale or not. Plus it's sound advice. Via email or blog threads, it is very difficult to offer something for sale and not sound like a huckster rather than a person in business selling a legitimate service. As far as I know, Shiverbones doesn't push his artwork outside For Sale threads and has been pretty successful. He even has his own thread in the OA board.

BTW, please visit my website at www.popculturesales.com it's a great site.

See what I mean.

Plus the SPAM pic was pretty funny, though a little harsh to a NUBE. But thicken the skin, have a little laugh, and move on would be my recommendation.

OK, insert board-police or board-authority-snob joke here ___________________

Ed

Of course it's a character from a movie I chose for my forum ID. If you don't know who I am by now I don't really care. That is my picture as an avatar..I would suggest NOT introducing yourself at the next con.

Will you be the two legs and two arms sticking out of a butt? I'll look for you.

Of course it's a character from a movie I chose for my forum ID. If you don't know who I am by now I don't really care. That is my picture as an avatar..I would suggest NOT introducing yourself at the next con.

Will you be the two legs and two arms sticking out of a butt? I'll look for you.

Wow how unoriginal of you..what did you get people skills from HWSNBN?