• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some Golden Age Goodies...

45 posts in this topic

Hello!

Welcome to the "Comics Market - Forum Only Selling" board!

The moderators have asked everyone around here to help educate new comers about the posting rules for this forum so that we can keep things running smoothly. So whenever we see a new thread go up that's missing some of the information required by the rules, someone will generally happen along and post this reminder (by moderator request).

You can find the posting guidelines here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472&page=1#Post1460472

Specifically, you should check out # 4

They are well worth reading, because your posts can be removed from the boards if they don't conform to the guidelines. This will help you to attract more buyers as well, since this is how people expect to have books offered around here.

Thanks, and glad to have you here!

I love this book...I know the price may be steep, but I feel it is an undervalued book and 475 will take it, postage included!!

citylivingdead0001.jpg

citylivingdead0003.jpg

citylivingdead0002.jpg

Can I just say that this is :censored: and a (tsk)

Yeah I said it...

Dude, you've got less than 200 posts with 75% of them in sales threads and you come in here with a book that you bought for $200 4 weeks ago to the day and want $475 for it? :screwy:

Look I undersand quick flips, buying to make profit, etc. but most of us feel like a "community" here and this type of blatant scalping of people I care about on these boards is flat out wrong.

I love this book...I know the price may be steep, but I feel it is an undervalued book and 475 will take it, postage included!!

citylivingdead0001.jpg

citylivingdead0003.jpg

citylivingdead0002.jpg

Can I just say that this is :censored: and a (tsk)

Yeah I said it...

Dude, you've got less than 200 posts with 75% of them in sales threads and you come in here with a book that you bought for $200 4 weeks ago to the day and want $475 for it? :screwy:

Look I undersand quick flips, buying to make profit, etc. but most of us feel like a "community" here and this type of blatant scalping of people I care about on these boards is flat out wrong.

Not to mention that it's also listed on Comiclink.

Another stellar addition to the board's selling community. meh

1) I wasn't aware of the posting rules I have since removed the book(s) from comiclink.

2) Yeah I bought it off ebay for $200 which I thought was a steal. This book was offered to me raw for around 475.00 awhile back. Metropolis Comics sold a similar graded book for around $450.

3) I bought a book off the forums awhile back for 4k, and sold it on comiclink for 8k within a month. If I see potential to make a profit what is wrong with that? Wasn't aware there are rules as to what I can or can do with my own property.

As I always say in my sales threads ... Feel Free To Buy and Flip for a HUGE Profit.

It is your book...price it at whatever you want. Seriously.

$475 ain't a bad price for that particular book. But even if it was $474 too high it is still your book to price as you want.

Good luck with the sale (thumbs u

As I always say in my sales threads ... Feel Free To Buy and Flip for a HUGE Profit.

$475 ain't a bad price for that particular book. But even if it was $474 too high it is still your book to price as you want.

+1

I could care less what he paid for it. Nor would I want anyone caring what I pay for my books. Some books I make a huge profit, some books... Let's just say I don't... Good Luck with your sale.

I can admit that I might have been a little harsh. Good luck might be appropo.

Carry on.

Well I would say caveat emptor would be appropriate too...nice to know that there are people here that look out for others. Some private collectors, like myself, who don't shop around on ebay anymore, because of ridiculous prices, appreciate others standing up for the collector community here. Anyway just my 2c

+1

I could care less what he paid for it. Nor would I want anyone caring what I pay for my books. Some books I make a huge profit, some books... Let's just say I don't... Good Luck with your sale.

Yep, it's called the free enterprise system people. If trippy was able to score a book on ebay for $200 and flip it for $475 more power to him. What's the big deal?? :sumo: