• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A paypal dispute has been opened against me

41 posts in this topic

Shipping from the states over $250.00 would require the package to be sent Express mail that has signed delivery. Standard Priority mail has tracking, but not signed delivery and is only for up to $250.00 with paypal's policy.

Interesting info... this item was sent from Canada. If you ship overseas and require tracking, the price is $55 at the cheapest. That's why tracking wasn't used I am sure.

The postal strikes have screwed me lately. Some packages are arriving pretty quick while others are taking an age.

Having bought bought from Camper49 on a couple of occasions, and him being kind enough to send the packages suface mail, I know how long it takes to reach the UK from Canada via that postal service.

I'd gladly drop the eBay user a line for you to reassure him, but I don't think it would do much good, other than looking like interference. Hope it all works out well for you.

$300 and no tracking (yeah, i know i'm just repeating here...)

i wouldn't do it

seriously, how much is a fedex 3 day envelope (granted, no insurance unless you want to deal with customs...)

More than double the shipping the buyer paid? I get the point though. If raising shipping costs means no sale, that is still better than a sale gone bad.

i wasn't thinking of slabs, that could be a PITA..

jeez, at my former job I would fire fedex envelopes off to our client in france 4 or 5 times a week not even thinking about it....i wonder how much those cost

Well, it looks like things are getting more interesting. I was fired today. It is bitter sweet as I didn't really like my employer... just have to figure what the heck I'm going to do now. I had only been working there for a year.

I sold a comic through ebay back in August/09. I mailed the comic to a UK buyer on August 24 and at the time I indicated to them that delivery would be 4 to 6 weeks. No tracking.

The auction end price was $300 (below my expectations).

As a result of the dispute, my paypal balance is now showing a negative balance of about 300 dollars.

Here is the message from my buyer through paypal dispute:

Hi,

To date, I have yet to receive this item. I have had contact from the seller, and he has confirmed postage on 24/8/09, from Canada, with an estimated delivery time of between 4-6 weeks.

Given the above, and also that there have been a few sporadic postal strikes here in the UK, I'm perfectly relaxed about giving the item another week or two to turn up.

I've simply reached the time deadline whereby I have to lodge an initial 'dispute' claim, so I'm really just covering myself in case the item does actually fail to arrive with me in due course.

Stewart.

The buyer appears to be approaching this dispute in a professional manner which is nice. I have already replied to him as well expressing my desire for a smooth resolution (hopefully time cures all and it is delivered).

My question now is, as I have only been on the other end of paypal disputes, what should I be doing to protect myself?

Also, I have a negative balance in my paypal account as paypal is holding the disputed amount. Should I be fixing my paypal balance as soon as possible?

Any advice is appreciated. I'm pretty stressed by this as money is tight right now. Next week would be the sixth week so it could still arrive in the time frame that my post office indicated that it would.

I'm not sure if you mentioned it but be sure to respond to the dispute within the 7 day limit.

I sold a comic through ebay back in August/09. I mailed the comic to a UK buyer on August 24 and at the time I indicated to them that delivery would be 4 to 6 weeks. No tracking.

The auction end price was $300 (below my expectations).

As a result of the dispute, my paypal balance is now showing a negative balance of about 300 dollars.

Here is the message from my buyer through paypal dispute:

Hi,

To date, I have yet to receive this item. I have had contact from the seller, and he has confirmed postage on 24/8/09, from Canada, with an estimated delivery time of between 4-6 weeks.

Given the above, and also that there have been a few sporadic postal strikes here in the UK, I'm perfectly relaxed about giving the item another week or two to turn up.

I've simply reached the time deadline whereby I have to lodge an initial 'dispute' claim, so I'm really just covering myself in case the item does actually fail to arrive with me in due course.

Stewart.

The buyer appears to be approaching this dispute in a professional manner which is nice. I have already replied to him as well expressing my desire for a smooth resolution (hopefully time cures all and it is delivered).

My question now is, as I have only been on the other end of paypal disputes, what should I be doing to protect myself?

Also, I have a negative balance in my paypal account as paypal is holding the disputed amount. Should I be fixing my paypal balance as soon as possible?

Any advice is appreciated. I'm pretty stressed by this as money is tight right now. Next week would be the sixth week so it could still arrive in the time frame that my post office indicated that it would.

I'm not sure if you mentioned it but be sure to respond to the dispute within the 7 day limit.

Yup, I responded to the dispute. Hopefully everything works out. :wishluck:

Well, it looks like things are getting more interesting. I was fired today. It is bitter sweet as I didn't really like my employer... just have to figure what the heck I'm going to do now. I had only been working there for a year.

Sorry to hear that, but you are in good company. :)

Wow what coincidence, I have a PP claim opened against me from a Stewart in the UK...Hmmmmmm

PM me the details, I would love to see if this is the same person.

:sumo: