• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GTG round 2....Thor #144...Grade revealed

32 posts in this topic

I was pretty shocked myself. I expected a 9.0 minimum grade. This and one other book is why I stopped submitting books for 3 years! :mad:

I subbed 31 books back in Dec '07. Every one of them came back under the grades I expected. My chances of using them again are slim.

Certainly looks much nicer than a 7.5 - but white covers/spines are extremely hard to judge from a scan - even more so when the book is already slabbed. Still, it would have to have some pretty evident flaws in hand to warrant that low a grade.

Very true about the white covers. But trust me, this book ain't no 7.5

Now I'm getting info from other board members that CGC is extremely backed up and they are geeting very strict again. Also that they are making a lot of mistakes right now

Now I'm getting info from other board members that CGC is extremely backed up and they are geeting very strict again. Also that they are making a lot of mistakes right now

Anything to reference? What type of mistakes?

hmm i did have a ASM 129 alot of people looked at and agreed it should be a 6.5-7.0 coming back a 5.5....

ill have to wait intill its in hand

Is that a crease top left edge of the BC? If it is then the grade is fairly close to what it should be.

Could be a minor water stain as well. 7.5 is the magic grade assigned for a 9.0+ book with a minor water stain.

Watch out, they'll make fun of you for saying it looks like there's a stain on the back cover...but, looks like I'm not the only one that saw it that way...

No, both of those things are what I based my 8.5 on. It says white pages though, so even if it was a stain it did not penetrate to the pages.

All I know was I got closest to the actual grade, whether it was actually deserved or not :cool: