• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who are the most sought after signatures?

78 posts in this topic

Frank Miller, Stan Lee, Joe Simon, Frank Frazetta

John Romita, John Byrne, BWS, Neal Adams, Kubert, Steranko

Moore and Ditko- TOUGH, good Luck.

off the top of my head. (shrug)

Good list...

Byrne, Austin, Steranko (Cap 110 and/or 113), I have Miller (non CGC SS), but I'd really like to get at least one CGC SS. I am in the process of acquiring a BWS (or he'd be here as well). I have 2 Adams, but I wouldn't mind more. A handful more signed by Perez. There are a couple of comics that would be cool to have Simon and Lee sign, but I don't know if I'll ever get them :(

"Sought after"

Meaning the demand is always there no matter the supply.

Frank Frazetta

Todd McFarlane

Barry Windsor-Smith

Jim Lee

Stan Lee

Frank Miller

John Byrne

No SS, but the demand is great

Sam Keith, Alan Moore, Steve Ditko

Sam Keith doesn't do signings? Whys that? I guess I've never really picked up on the fact that I haven't seen a SS Keith book.

Sam pulled a semi-Alan Moore and went all reclusive ninja on everyone.

"Sought after"

Meaning the demand is always there no matter the supply.

Frank Frazetta

Todd McFarlane

Barry Windsor-Smith

Jim Lee

Stan Lee

Frank Miller

John Byrne

Sam Keith doesn't do signings? Whys that? I guess I've never really picked up on the fact that I haven't seen a SS Keith book.

i got a sam keith sandman 1 signed at CGC waiting to be graded, but it was signed in 89 and not a SS. i have other books signed by him too.

Now this is something that really grinds my eyebrows. :frustrated:

As an aspireing comics creator myself, I consider it to be very disrespectful to your fans ( THE PEOPLE who made you famous enough to even be asked to sign something) to refuse to put yourself out there and make yourself available to them.

They paid their hard earned money for your funny books, they make it possible for you to make a living making comics, you should have the decency to show up once in a while to tell them "Thank you."

rantrant

I don't know if it's true but I've heard that Kelley Jones doesn't do signings anymore. I got a bunch of Batman books signed by him back in the '90s at the Motor City Comicon and he was really friendly at that point. We talked for almost two hours while he signed for fans.

As an aspireing comics creator myself, I consider it to be very disrespectful to your fans ( THE PEOPLE who made you famous enough to even be asked to sign something) to refuse to put yourself out there and make yourself available to them.

They paid their hard earned money for your funny books, they make it possible for you to make a living making comics, you should have the decency to show up once in a while to tell them "Thank you."

rantrant

I very respectfully disagree with this. These folks produced the art they produced as their job, career, profession, maybe even their life's work. If you enjoyed that, that is awesome. But they don't owe you (or me or anyone) anything as result of doing that work. That includes thanks, attendance at cons, signing things or even acknowledging our existence.That is demanding way too much of someone just because they are an artist as opposed to some other career.

rantrant

I very respectfully disagree with this. These folks produced the art they produced as their job, career, profession, maybe even their life's work. If you enjoyed that, that is awesome. But they don't owe you (or me or anyone) anything as result of doing that work. That includes thanks, attendance at cons, signing things or even acknowledging our existence.That is demanding way too much of someone just because they are an artist as opposed to some other career.

You beat me to this response. I read the original post and thought the exact same thing. They gave you what you paid for when you bought their material the first time around, you're not owed anything else.

I don't have many as my budget can't afford most :( Here is my list of ones I don't have that I wish I did.

Stan Lee

Frank Miller

John Byrne

Garth Ennis

Alan Moore

Barry Windsor Smith

Michael Turner

John Romita

Russ Heath

Gene Colan

Frank Frazetta

Berni Wrightson

Neal Adams

I don't have many as my budget can't afford most :( Here is my list of ones I don't have that I wish I did.

Stan Lee

Frank Miller

Stan Lee

John Byrne

Garth Ennis

Alan Moore

Barry Windsor Smith

Michael Turner

John Romita

Russ Heath

Gene Colan

Frank Frazetta

Berni Wrightson

Neal Adams

Do you like Stan Lee so much that you listed him twice, or was one of them intended to be Jim Lee? :baiting: