• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supes #1 on eBay

23 posts in this topic

For whatever reason this book sells for very different prices on eBay and comiclink than it does on Heritage. Recent Heritage sales have this book at around $12k-$13k... but recent eBay/Comiclink sales are different.

On eBay a restored 9.0 hit $50k. on comiclink a restored VG hit $19k. on eBay recently, even an extensively restored VG went higher than a restored VF- sells for on Heritage. I believe even the restored 5.5 F- that was listed on eBay a few months back (not even CGCed) broke the $20k mark with its reserve still not met. If a non-CGCed 5.5 F- restored copy broke $20k on eBay I doubt this one will end at $11k-$12k.

As for the reason there's a big difference in price on this book between Heritage and eBay.. I couldn't even begin to guess. (Maybe Heritage buyers are more anti-restoration?) But I've seen it happen enough times that I would assume its likely not a coincidence.

Honestly though, I don't have any idea where this book will end. My prediction is $25k-$30k. (Somewhere around 20-25% of guide.) I'm always the first to admit though, I could be wrong confused-smiley-013.gif

I've never understood the trading in this book either. You might might be right about what this will go for, even though a CGC 8.0 with WHITE pages and Moderate (P) just went for $21K on Mastronet, while Metropolis's CGC 8.0 with Moderate (P) is still sitting pretty at around $29K or thereabouts (they keep tinkering with the price, which has hovered between $28.5K and $30K for the many months (years?) that it's been there). My only explanation is that the market for a cultural icon like Supes 1 extends beyond the comic community, where information about recent market prices, not to mention the severe health risks associated with owning restorated books, are common knowledge. confused-smiley-013.gif