• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Sale--GA, SA, BA, at least 60 books. Adding books Sunday!

135 posts in this topic

...and the rest.

Page 8

Mutt and Jeff 13, 5.0. Looks a little better but it has several tears and a crease on the back cover. $30.

Mutt and Jeff 21, 6.0, pretty tight copy, dust shadow on the back, some discoloration of the staples. And I have no idea why they're sharing a bed. $30.

Mutt and Jeff 22. This is the one with the big tear along the spine. $10.

Mutt and Jeff 24, 5.0, tear lower left corner 1/4". $30.

Mutt and Jeff 25, 5.0, chip missing lower left corner, including from some of the outer wraps. $30.

Mutt and Jeff 26, 6.0, small tears lower left corner, dust shadows. $30.

Mutt and Jeff 27, 5.5, small tear lower left corner, wave running across the middle of the cover (not moisture related). $30.

Page 9

Silver Surfer 10, 8.0, light stress on spine. Guide $63, my price $28

Flash 176, 5.5, note finger print smudge at bottom of "F" of logo. Also appears to be a little rust on the lower staple. This is a really cool cover imo. Guide $19, my price $8.

Flash 177, Nice glossy copy, 6.5, note light corner crease that can barely be seen in the scan. Guide $28, my price $12.

Tomahawk 83. Lower mid-grade copy of this hard-to-find series. 4.5, note corner crease, also small chip along cover edge and water spot on the edge (not visible on front cover). Guide $14, my price $6. :news: SOLD!

Captain Action 5, last issue, and deservedly so. I bought this off a boardie a few months ago because I loved the Kane cover--which is great--but the story inside was so over-the-top bad that I just can't have it in my collection. But you should buy it. Actually a pretty sharp copy, 8.0. Guide $39 lol, my price $8.

Captain America 143, 5.5, tear upper left at spine, otherwise sharp copy. Guide $8, my price $4. :news: SOLD!

Page 10

Captain America 146, 7.0, Guide $8, my price $4. :news: SOLD!

Captain America 149, 6.0, Guide $6, my price $3. :news: SOLD!

Captain America 150, 5.5, $3. :news: SOLD!

Captain America 151, 5.5, $3. :news: SOLD!

Page 11

Eighty-page Giant 8, 2.0, low grade copy of a great book. Guide $30, my price $8.

Justice League 91, 52-page giant, Adams cover, 5.5, Guide $8, my price $3 :news: SOLD!

Superboy 163, Adams cover (the infamous rabbit-dog one), 7.0, Guide$13, my price $5 :news: SOLD!

Aquaman 13, reader, $1.

Page 12

Aquaman 38, 4.0, loose centerfold, cool Cardy cover. Guide $12, my price $2. :news: SOLD!

Marvel Two-in-one 7, 5.0, $2. :news: SOLD!

G.I. Combat 48, 5th DC issue, a real nice 4.0 with some gloss, loose centerfold. Guide $48, my price $22. :news: SOLD!

Okay, looks like I'm not going to have time to post more books. Sending out invoices this morning. Thanks for all the purchases, any additional purchases welcome. :grin:

Tomahawk 83. Lower mid-grade copy of this hard-to-find series. 4.5, note corner crease, also small chip along cover edge and water spot on the edge (not visible on front cover). Guide $14, my price $6.

G.I. Combat 48, 5th DC issue, a real nice 4.0 with some gloss, loose centerfold. Guide $48, my price $22.

:takeit:

Here's an updated list of books still available.

Books remaining:

Page 1

Superman 239, 7.0, nicer copy but 2" crease on back cover. Titano, nuff said! Also an odd 2-page map of Krypton. Giude $28, my price $12.

Metamorpho 16, nice flat copy with some light spine wear, 6.5. Guide $18, my price $8.

Warlock 7, before he became a good character! Really bad art inside this one by Bob Brown. 6.0, note small tear at upper staple. Guide $9, my price $3. :news: SOLD!

Page 2

Brave and the Bold 77, pretty nice copy, 7.0. "So Thunders the Cannoeer!" Guide $28, my price $12. :news: SOLD!

Superboy 176. 4.0, looks better but I was disappointed to find some kind of inconspicuous discoloration/staining on the back cover. Adams cover, Legion backup story. Guide $6, my price $3. :news: SOLD!

Superboy 136, much better copy, 7.0. Note faint readers crease along spine. Guide $30, my price $12.

Superboy 175, 5.5, guide $8, my price $4. :news: SOLD!

Page 3

Tarzan 1, first Marvel issue with beautiful Buscema art. 9.4 I'd say. Guide $10+, my price $5.

Superman 104. More ears than you could possibly want! VG, nice eye appeal for grade, spine wear, top of centerfold loose. Nice house ad for Showcase 1! Guide $90, my price $50.

Page 4

Young Romance 186, pretty nice copy, 6.5. There's some stellar reader poetry is this one. You don't want to miss it! Guide $11, my price $4. :news: SOLD!

Page 5

Brave and the Bold 44, sixth Hawkman by Kubert. Looks like a Fine but it has two quarter sized moisture stains (one lower right front, the other on the back). Also the paper around the bottom staple is torn so that it's hanging on by the piece that's under the staple, if that makes sense. Still tightly attached though. I'll call this one a 4.0. Guide $50, my price $28.

Spectre 3. The main defects are some soft corners. The line coming from the upper staple is not a crease or scratch, but a printing defect. Call it 7.5. Great Adams cover and interior art! Guide $54, my price $27.

Blackhawk 195. I'd call it a 7.0. It's flat and tight. Guide $18, my price $10.

Legion of Superheros 2, 5.0, faint 4" crease lower right that isn't visible in the scan. Guide $5, my price $2. :news: SOLD!

Legion 3, 6.0, $3. :news: SOLD!

Space War 3, nice copy, 7.5, dust shadow on back and small tear at staple. Flat, tight, glossy. Guide $42, my price $18.

Superman 237, classic Adams cover. 5.0, looks a little better but it has 2 light moisture stains at the two corners of the cover. Guide $10, my price $5.

FF 69. Some weakness at the upper left corner and a little wear at the staples. 7.5. Guide $45, my price $25.

FF 61, 6.0. Soft upper left corner. Silver Surfer appearance, and see if you can spot a cameo by your friendly neighborhood spiderman! Guide $24, my price $14.

Aquaman 54, 4.5. Nice Aparo art in this one!. $2. :news: SOLD!

Page 6

X-men 247, 9.2 or higher. $5.

X-men 248, Jim Lee's first work on the series. 9.2. $15.

X-men 255, 9.2, $5

X-men 256, 9.2 or higher, Jim Lee art, $7

X-men 257, 9.2 or higher, Jim Lee art, $7.

X-men 258, 9.2 or higher, Jim Lee art, $7. Helluva nice cover!

Showcase 91. First appearance of Manhunter 2070. Never heard of him? There's a reason. Nice copy though, 6.5 Guide $10, my price $5.

And...

...and the rest.

Page 8

Mutt and Jeff 13, 5.0. Looks a little better but it has several tears and a crease on the back cover. $30.

Mutt and Jeff 21, 6.0, pretty tight copy, dust shadow on the back, some discoloration of the staples. And I have no idea why they're sharing a bed. $30.

Mutt and Jeff 22. This is the one with the big tear along the spine. $10.

Mutt and Jeff 24, 5.0, tear lower left corner 1/4". $30.

Mutt and Jeff 25, 5.0, chip missing lower left corner, including from some of the outer wraps. $30.

Mutt and Jeff 26, 6.0, small tears lower left corner, dust shadows. $30.

Mutt and Jeff 27, 5.5, small tear lower left corner, wave running across the middle of the cover (not moisture related). $30.

Page 9

Silver Surfer 10, 8.0, light stress on spine. Guide $63, my price $28

Flash 176, 5.5, note finger print smudge at bottom of "F" of logo. Also appears to be a little rust on the lower staple. This is a really cool cover imo. Guide $19, my price $8.

Flash 177, Nice glossy copy, 6.5, note light corner crease that can barely be seen in the scan. Guide $28, my price $12.

Tomahawk 83. Lower mid-grade copy of this hard-to-find series. 4.5, note corner crease, also small chip along cover edge and water spot on the edge (not visible on front cover). Guide $14, my price $6. :news: SOLD!

Captain Action 5, last issue, and deservedly so. I bought this off a boardie a few months ago because I loved the Kane cover--which is great--but the story inside was so over-the-top bad that I just can't have it in my collection. But you should buy it. Actually a pretty sharp copy, 8.0. Guide $39 lol, my price $8.

Captain America 143, 5.5, tear upper left at spine, otherwise sharp copy. Guide $8, my price $4. :news: SOLD!

Page 10

Captain America 146, 7.0, Guide $8, my price $4. :news: SOLD!

Captain America 149, 6.0, Guide $6, my price $3. :news: SOLD!

Captain America 150, 5.5, $3. :news: SOLD!

Captain America 151, 5.5, $3. :news: SOLD!

Page 11

Eighty-page Giant 8, 2.0, low grade copy of a great book. Guide $30, my price $8.

Justice League 91, 52-page giant, Adams cover, 5.5, Guide $8, my price $3 :news: SOLD!

Superboy 163, Adams cover (the infamous rabbit-dog one), 7.0, Guide$13, my price $5 :news: SOLD!

Aquaman 13, reader, $1.

Page 12

Aquaman 38, 4.0, loose centerfold, cool Cardy cover. Guide $12, my price $2. :news: SOLD!

Marvel Two-in-one 7, 5.0, $2. :news: SOLD!

G.I. Combat 48, 5th DC issue, a real nice 4.0 with some gloss, loose centerfold. Guide $48, my price $22. :news: SOLD!