• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about a super nice high grade Avengers lot for sale? *Thread Closed*

26 posts in this topic

Congrats to Count for an awesome sale on his Spidey collection. :applause:

Since I'm also pursuing a grail, I figure I'll try the same route and offer up my high grade Avengers run to the Boards.

12-Month GPA on the set is just over $5,900 (if there were no sales in the last 12 months, I used the last sale figure).

My price is $4,995 firm, which would include full insured shipping within the US.

Terms of Sale:

- A couple of the books have been pressed while owned by myself. If you are a serious buyer, you can PM me and I will disclose which ones.

- The Avengers # 55 is the Pacific Coast copy. It was purchased raw from Nik this summer and submitted with its old label. CGC misplaced the label, and has refused to revisit the issue and give it the PC designation. However, I did price it as the PC copy and valued it at $350 for purposes of the GPA value.

- Paypal, checks and MOs okay. :takeit: rules.

- PM with additional questions. Thanks.

Included in this lot are the following books:

Avengers 21 9.0 VF/NM OW/W

Avengers 23 9.4 NM White

Avengers 26 9.4 NM OW/W

Avengers 32 9.6 NM+ OW/W

Avengers 50 9.4 NM OW/W

Avengers 52 9.6 NM+ CRM/OW

Avengers 53 9.4 NM OW

Avengers 55 9.4 NM White

Avengers 58 9.4 NM OW/W

Avengers 66 9.4 NM OW/W

Avengers 71 9.4 NM OW

Avengers 81 9.4 NM White

Avengers 92 9.6 NM+ OW

Avengers 98 9.6 NM+ OW

Avengers 100 9.6 NM+ OW/W

Avengers 102 9.4 NM OW/W

Avengers 108 9.6 NM+ OW

Avengers 111 9.4 NM White

Avengers 113 9.6 NM+ CRM/OW

Avengers 118 9.6 NM+ White

Avengers 120 9.6 NM+ OW/W

Avengers 210 9.8 NM/MT White

Avengers 214 9.8 NM/MT White

Avengers 226 9.8 NM/MT White

Avengers 263 9.8 NM/MT OW/W

th_Avengers100cgc96.jpgth_Avengers102cgc94.jpgth_Avengers108cgc96.jpgth_Avengers111cgc94.jpgth_Avengers113cgc96.jpgth_Avengers118cgc96.jpg

th_Avengers120cgc96.jpgth_Avengers210cgc98.jpgth_Avengers214cgc98.jpgth_Avengers21cgc90.jpgth_Avengers226cgc98.jpgth_Avengers23cgc94.jpg

th_Avengers26cgc94f-1.jpgth_Avengers32cgc96.jpgth_Avengers50cgc94.jpgth_Avengers52cgc96.jpgth_Avengers53cgc94.jpgth_Avengers55cgc94.jpg

th_Avengers58cgc94.jpgth_Avengers66cgc94.jpgth_Avengers71cgc94.jpgth_Avengers81cgc94.jpgth_Avengers98cgc96.jpg

- The Avengers # 55 is the Pacific Coast copy. It was purchased raw from Nik this summer and submitted with its old label. CGC misplaced the label, and has refused to revisit the issue and give it the PC designation.

:mad:

- The Avengers # 55 is the Pacific Coast copy. It was purchased raw from Nik this summer and submitted with its old label. CGC misplaced the label, and has refused to revisit the issue and give it the PC designation.

:(

:(

WTF!?! that's their own effing fault. :pullhair:

That book came from me that I sold to Nik as a cracked out 9.2. He did a straight resub and the book came back a 9.4. I had it and it was an old label 9.2.

I bought the book from Brad, Redhook, several years ago and then the book went directly to Nik.

George, if I can help you get the book labeled, correctly, as a Pac Coast, please let me know.

There is a unique printing occurence that I can use to verify.

That book came from me that I sold to Nik as a cracked out 9.2. He did a straight resub and the book came back a 9.4. I had it and it was an old label 9.2.

I bought the book from Brad, Redhook, several years ago and then the book went directly to Nik.

George, if I can help you get the book labeled, correctly, as a Pac Coast, please let me know.

There is a unique printing occurence that I can use to verify.

all you need is a scan of it in the slab. :wishluck:

Very nice set.

Thanks guys, but judging by the crickets chirping in my Message folder, I'll probably end up moving them through ebay or some other venue. I was hoping to pass along some great books at a nice discount to GPA to a fellow Boardie, but I may have missed the Avengers hype that was in full swing earlier this year.

Very nice set.

Thanks guys, but judging by the crickets chirping in my Message folder, I'll probably end up moving them through ebay or some other venue. I was hoping to pass along some great books at a nice discount to GPA to a fellow Boardie, but I may have missed the Avengers hype that was in full swing earlier this year.

George, it is a very nice set, but the problem is that the Avengers book that have the most hype aren't here. There aren't enough early ones (like 1, 4 and 5 which are the hot ones) and no 57 or any of the Adams issues.

So just from a "resale" perspective, this is a lot that a collector is unlikely to pick up (there may be a few) and from a "resale" perspective the margin is thin and the books that are here are a mix of ones that will move and ones you will have to sit on.

I still think it's a great set, but if you were looking for an explanation, that'd be mine.

Very nice set.

I think I can find somebody to take the #21 off your hands. :grin: