• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIG pulp and GA sale (with a few SA as well)

65 posts in this topic

PLANET STORIES Fall 1942, VG copy

Great Leydenfrost cover on this one... a real classic.

Nice solid copy, with complete, unfaded spine. Cover has general wear on untrimmed edges. Name has been erased just right of the Fiction House logo. Complete back cover. Supple creamy interior pages.

asking: $35

PLANETSTfall42.jpg

:takeit:

SOLD! ^^

I'm going to miss this one... such a wicked cover.

SCIENCE FICTION Dec 1939, G/VG copy

Nice cover appeal, with general wear to edges of cover. Spine is near complete, with 1/4 piece out of middle, and slightly faded in middle section only. Untrimmed. Water stain on back cover, but its complete and no pieces out. Nice creamy interior pages.

Great Paul robot cover, and coverage of the first NY worlds science fiction convention inside!

asking: $20

SCIFIdec39.jpg

SOLD! ^^

STARTLING STORIES sept. 1939, GD+ copy

Schomburgs first sci fi pulp cover art! And beautiful work it is.

Nice eye appeal on this copy, but it is lightly trimmed on three sides, and had two pieces of brown tape at bottom and top of complete, unfaded spine. General wear to edges. Light creamy supple pages.

asking: $15

STSTORIESsept39.jpg

another SOLD! ^^

Wonderful Schomburg cover.

STARTLING STORIES sept. 1939, GD+ copy

Schomburgs first sci fi pulp cover art! And beautiful work it is.

Nice eye appeal on this copy, but it is lightly trimmed on three sides, and had two pieces of brown tape at bottom and top of complete, unfaded spine. General wear to edges. Light creamy supple pages.

asking: $15

STSTORIESsept39.jpg

another SOLD! ^^

Wonderful Schomburg cover.

WOW...cool cover, nice pick-up :headbang:

Man, pulps really move!

All the cool kids are doing it. :cool:

... and Point Five too. :kidaround:

:signfunny:

That was a really cheap shot. Free shipping for Point Five!!

I will accept the free shipping as your apology, and save my perfect comeback for another day.

hm

Man, pulps really move!

All the cool kids are doing it. :cool:

... and Point Five too. :kidaround:

:signfunny:

That was a really cheap shot. Free shipping for Point Five!!

I will accept the free shipping as your apology, and save my perfect comeback for another day.

hm

almost wish I had waited to hear the comeback!!

Now, the pulps...

SCIENCE AND INVENTION Aug 1924, VG copy

Cool classic Martian cover! Very nice solid copy, witth interior paper stock mix of pulpy paper (tanning) and slick magazine stock, but supple pages throughout. Complete spine except for bottom 1/4”. Paul illustrations throughout.

asking: $65

SCIINV1924cover.jpg

Awesome stuff as usual Ryan, I would snap up a few but I am broke, so window shopping for me.

btw, is it just me or does this Martain look almost identical to the aliens on Superworld 1?

Now, the pulps...

SCIENCE AND INVENTION Aug 1924, VG copy

Cool classic Martian cover! Very nice solid copy, witth interior paper stock mix of pulpy paper (tanning) and slick magazine stock, but supple pages throughout. Complete spine except for bottom 1/4”. Paul illustrations throughout.

asking: $65

SCIINV1924cover.jpg

Awesome stuff as usual Ryan, I would snap up a few but I am broke, so window shopping for me.

btw, is it just me or does this Martain look almost identical to the aliens on Superworld 1?

Good eye Zeman! This is the first appearance of what would be come to known as the "Paul martian", which Frank R. Paul would use in many sci fi illustrations, including SUPERWORLD #1. This cover is not by Paul, but he does illustrate the martian in the interior.

FANTASTIC COMICS #7, June 1940, raw (appears to be glue on spine) 3.5 with cream to O/W pages

Nice copy with a CLASSIC Fletcher Hanks STARDUST story!

Appears to be some slight glue on spine (this was not disclosed to me), but otherwise very solid, clean covers. Cover firmly attached at both staples, but c/f loose. Supple nice pages.

Great FOX book I hate to part with.

asking: $225

c-5.jpg

FANCOMICS7int.jpg

:takeit: per pm

FANTASTIC COMICS #7, June 1940, raw (appears to be glue on spine) 3.5 with cream to O/W pages

Nice copy with a CLASSIC Fletcher Hanks STARDUST story!

Appears to be some slight glue on spine (this was not disclosed to me), but otherwise very solid, clean covers. Cover firmly attached at both staples, but c/f loose. Supple nice pages.

Great FOX book I hate to part with.

asking: $225

c-5.jpg

:takeit: per pm

SOLD! ^^