• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A GLARING GAP IN THE MARKETPLACE

45 posts in this topic

There is something like this on a more limited basis over at Comicspriceguide.com. You can input the issues you have for sale and the issues you need into their database for all to see who look up those issues. I have gotten a few comics but putting my want list on there.

There used to be a site call Ewanted that had want lists of all sorts of stuff but I don't think it is around anymore.

370347-HomerBacon.jpg

Joanna, of course you will be invited to be the head writer of the show.....of course with the plethora of reality shows on tv now, we may not need a writer for more than 20 minutes.

I've been posting here for 3 weeks, and out of all my thought-provoking, well-reasoned comments, the one that draws the most response is "Bacon makes everything better"?????

Depressing. Yet exhilerating. I feel tingly all over....

There is something like this on a more limited basis over at Comicspriceguide.com. You can input the issues you have for sale and the issues you need into their database for all to see who look up those issues. I have gotten a few comics but putting my want list on there.

There used to be a site call Ewanted that had want lists of all sorts of stuff but I don't think it is around anymore.

Couldn't you do something like this on the Wizard Magazine web site as well? I think that they started to charge a subscription fee for it, and it sort of fell apart.

Can someone refresh my memory on this?

Anyway, I think that that is probably the way to make money off it. Either charge a subscription fee for joining with a given number of wants/ sales ads thrown in, or a per ad fee. Take no responsibility/liability for the transactions, posted in 100 font on the front page.

As far as Ian's collection is concerned, you would think that DC would be interested in chipping in a little, just for the sake of publicity. I'm sure that Ian could wax lyrically on why DCs are great and Marvels are [!@#%^&^]. I wouldn't expect a Det. 27 in the post, but a round-up of the lesser priced awkward b.astards wouldn't hurt them too much financially.

As far as Ian's collection is concerned, you would think that DC would be interested in chipping in a little, just for the sake of publicity. I'm sure that Ian could wax lyrically on why DCs are great and Marvels are [!@#%^&^]. I wouldn't expect a Det. 27 in the post, but a round-up of the lesser priced awkward b.astards wouldn't hurt them too much financially.

DC doesn't have copies to give away. For example, one of the editors there was looking for a DC comic and I offered to help him look. After an exhaustive search, I finally mailed him my own copy, figuring I'd find another eventually, which I did. It wasn't like he could just tell his bosses, "I'd like this silver age comic, please."

-- Joanna

Paul Levitz did send me some very obscure giveaways and also the Batman Legacy Trade Paperback that I just couldn't turn up ANYWHERE.

It actually made me realise that DC DO care. It was a wonderful gesture.

DC doesn't have copies to give away. For example, one of the editors there was looking for a DC comic and I offered to help him look. After an exhaustive search, I finally mailed him my own copy, figuring I'd find another eventually, which I did. It wasn't like he could just tell his bosses, "I'd like this silver age comic, please."

This is absolutely true. Their library is nothing like complete, especially on the Golden Age stuff. I doubt if they have ANY of my missing 39.

The obscurity of some of the promo giveaways that Paul gave me (Happy Tooth, Tyson Looney Tunes, Flash Force 2000) made his gift SO appreciated that I couldn't even begin to thank him.

Maybe the Models would have to perform a 'dare' if they picked something up like: THIS?

Or This?

How convenient that neither seller mentions the books are reprints. Do you think that fact might impact sales? Or are they just trying to trick supermodels? One of life's biggest mysteries.

-- Joanna

The greatest food ever:

Pork, wrapped in bacon, on a stick.

Even Macon loves his sausage wrapped in bacon, while he's waiting for the Western Idaho Bacon Casserole to finish bakin'!thumbsup2.gif

macon2.jpg