• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is anyone going to Portland Oregon Comic Convention ?

92 posts in this topic

jG,

Free parking on the weekend:

http://jsma.uoregon.edu/visit/directions-maps.aspx

Budget 2 hr drive south from Portland to Eugene. Min. 1.5 hr to see the 2 floor comic art exhibit + 1/2 hr to see the Asian art/sculpture since u already paid the $5 admiss. Keep the postcard they hand out at the door to save 15% on gift shop items incl. the OA b/w catalog with write ups of the artists!

Will take at least 1 hr for lunch/beer along their restaurant row across from University. They have big signs to get in/out of Eugene back to Portland: 2 hrs.

Best time to set up a dinner with the Official Friends of greggy fan club (patent pending in Canada) would be Sun. 09Nov15 after the comicon. Just have to get his beer swilling friends to choose a restaurant other than Chipotles. :idea:

jG,

Free parking on the weekend:

http://jsma.uoregon.edu/visit/directions-maps.aspx

Budget 2 hr drive south from Portland to Eugene. Min. 1.5 hr to see the 2 floor comic art exhibit + 1/2 hr to see the Asian art/sculpture since u already paid the $5 admiss. Keep the postcard they hand out at the door to save 15% on gift shop items incl. the OA b/w catalog with write ups of the artists!

Will take at least 1 hr for lunch/beer along their restaurant row across from University. They have big signs to get in/out of Eugene back to Portland: 2 hrs.

Best time to set up a dinner with the Official Friends of greggy fan club (patent pending in Canada) would be Sun. 09Nov15 after the comicon. Just have to get his beer swilling friends to choose a restaurant other than Chipotles. :idea:

(worship)

A wealth of information! Thanks my man.

So, I take it you have seen the exhibit? Good showing?

I hope that a dinner will take place. What is this Chipotles you speak of??? I love Mexican and think our man Greggy is partial to it as well. I took him to my spot in Bellingham on the way back from Seattle this past spring. He was trying to be the "hard guy" and ordered the hot pepper appy... The picture is worth a thousand words!!! :roflmao: Always a good time...

So, it has been asked a few times; will there be a CGC witness attending? If not, how can one of us fill the shoes? I know I'd like to get something done by Grell :wishluck:

Have a safe trip and see you there!

~G (thumbs u

I think this 1 day comicon (as great as it is) is too small for Cgc to send an official SS witness to.

Chipotles is a chain franchise in the USA which Canucks enjoy, as we only have 1 in Toronto to satisfy the needs of the whole country(?). Not classy enough or beer swilling enough for the greggy Fan club elite on tour in the USA. (shrug)

Long extra road trip to Eugene and back but YES it will be worth it to see the orig. comic art/paintings, etc.

It's been a while, but what kind of time frame am I looking at between Portland and Eugene? Also, anyone have link to the art show that is on at the college, or wherever it may be?

Any word on whether or not there will be some kind of dinner or general get together? I fund that is always the highlight of the shows for me... meeting fellow collectors and boardies :hi:

~G

I think it is about a 2 hour drive to Eugene.

Not sure about meetup plans - hopefully somebody comes up with something.

It's been a while, but what kind of time frame am I looking at between Portland and Eugene? Also, anyone have link to the art show that is on at the college, or wherever it may be?

Any word on whether or not there will be some kind of dinner or general get together? I fund that is always the highlight of the shows for me... meeting fellow collectors and boardies :hi:

~G

I thought it would be neat if we meet up after the PCC for lunch/dinner at IZZy's pizza buffet. Anyone on board with that?

I will be driving down from Canada with my possie and my lackey, greggy :sumo:. Staying Sat. night Nov. 14/09 at Doubletree 3 star hotel next to Lloyd Center mall.

Already saw the excellent original comic bk art gallery show in Eugene, OR and Mount St. Helens Oct. 11/09.

Thats cool your all making that long trek. On the day of the show are you going to do a lunch gathering? I think it would be fun if all the boardies who go met up for lunch and shared there great finds.

If any boardies are in town the day before the show and want to get lunch downtown, I can probably escape from work for an hour or two.

I will be at the show, but I will just be getting rid of some junk.

If anybody has anything interesting for trade PM and I would bring some trade bait to the show, or we could meet up at my store downtown.

I would like to check out your shop while up for the show. I would also like to trade my SA marvel Double's and maybe my BA Star wars collection. (Sorry I dont have the 35 cent #1)

mastercontrol,

May be able to meet you around 2:00 pm after the con for lunch at Izzy's. Closest location? :gossip:

Cool, it sounds like we could amass a bunch of peeps for a meet at izzy's after all the hoopla. This seems to be the closest izzy's. I will call them ahead of time and get them to set aside some table's.

Izzy's Pizza Restaurant

1307 NE 102nd Ave # T, Portland, OR 97220 - 503-255-6364

Total Travel Estimates: 9 minutes / 6.65 miles

A: 300 N Winning Way, Portland, OR 97227-2108 1: Start out going EAST on N WINNING WAY toward NE WHEELER AVE/N WHEELER AVE. 0.1 mi

2: Merge onto I-5 S/US-30 E. 0.3 mi

3: Merge onto I-84 E/US-30 E via EXIT 301 toward THE DALLES. 5.6 mi

4: Take the HALSEY ST. exit, EXIT 7, toward GATEWAY DIST.. 0.2 mi

5: Take the HALSEY ST. ramp. 0.1 mi

6: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto NE HALSEY ST. 0.2 mi

7: Turn RIGHT onto NE 102ND AVE. 0.1 mi

8: 1307 NE 102ND AVE # T is on the RIGHT. 0.0 mi

B: Izzy's Pizza Restaurant: 1307 NE 102nd Ave # T, Portland, OR 97220

Total Travel Estimates: 9 minutes / 6.65 miles

tileprint-1.jpg

mastercontrol,

I was thinking of perhaps meeting at

Izzy's © 3577 SE Mall St. About 13 mins. drive south from convention

because I may visit OMSI after the late lunch. But if others prefer Izzy's A, plz pmail me or post. (thumbs u

mastercontrol,

I was thinking of perhaps meeting at

Izzy's © 3577 SE Mall St. About 13 mins. drive south from convention

because I may visit OMSI after the late lunch. But if others prefer Izzy's A or B, plz pmail me or post. (thumbs u

Doesn't matter to me which one we goto. Mall st it is. Do you think 3pm is good?

I can be there, but don't understand why we're going to the other side of town to Izzy's when there's a nice "Red Robin" within walking distance, about 4 blocks away. Don't want to rain on anyone's parade just don't understand going all that way, and i can't even get a crown and coke. :eyeroll:

Chris

Canada is deprived and does not have Izzy's or Chipotles in BC. Guess, I consider Izzy's a "foreign delicacy" since they closed the 1 in Bellingham, WA right across the border? Izzy's also has semi-private side rooms for party groups.

(thumbs u

If a few other forumites prefer the convenience of Red Robin, we could meet there instead. I am flexible.