• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is anyone going to Portland Oregon Comic Convention ?

92 posts in this topic

There is a Chipotle also within walking distance of the comic show location.

Canada is deprived and does not have Izzy's or Chipotles in BC. Guess, I consider Izzy's a "foreign delicacy" since they closed the 1 in Bellingham, WA right across the border? Izzy's also has semi-private side rooms for party groups.

(thumbs u

If a few other forumites prefer the convenience of Red Robin, we could meet there instead. I am flexible.

If anyone in the lunch bunch is vegetarian, at least he can build a huge fruit or pasta salad at Izzy's.

Went to Red Robin twice in my life. Never felt the need to go back as too many better restaurants in Vancouver, BC.

May not be such a good idea to handle comics after squeezing lemon or lime over my Chipotles taco salad with spicy pulled pork. :baiting:

Izzy's isnt that far and they have a buffet and large table seating options and can hang out and will be easier to reserve. I am glad to see more people coming, it will be like a mini convention. :banana:

Izzy's Pizza Restaurant

1307 NE 102nd Ave # T, Portland, OR 97220 - 503-255-6364 3 pm meet and eat

Total Travel Estimates: 9 minutes / 6.65 miles

A: 300 N Winning Way, Portland, OR 97227-2108 1: Start out going EAST on N WINNING WAY toward NE WHEELER AVE/N WHEELER AVE. 0.1 mi

2: Merge onto I-5 S/US-30 E. 0.3 mi

3: Merge onto I-84 E/US-30 E via EXIT 301 toward THE DALLES. 5.6 mi

4: Take the HALSEY ST. exit, EXIT 7, toward GATEWAY DIST.. 0.2 mi

5: Take the HALSEY ST. ramp. 0.1 mi

6: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto NE HALSEY ST. 0.2 mi

7: Turn RIGHT onto NE 102ND AVE. 0.1 mi

8: 1307 NE 102ND AVE # T is on the RIGHT. 0.0 mi

B: Izzy's Pizza Restaurant: 1307 NE 102nd Ave # T, Portland, OR 97220

Total Travel Estimates: 9 minutes / 6.65 miles

tileprint-1.jpg

May not be such a good idea to handle comics after squeezing lemon or lime over my Chipotles taco salad with spicy pulled pork. :baiting:

Yes, research has shown that pizza grease makes a far superior lubricant for sliding comics out of bags than does burrito juice.

I have to work the show all day so I won't be able to go to any location :-(

Galaxy booth seems like a good place to say hi. I will look for him there and see who's around. Hey, maybe Galaxy can get us back door passes so would could meet at his booth before the show starts? :baiting:

My booth sucks this year, I am giving 2 of my 3 table to friends that are selling stuff, and I will just be getting rid of some Japanese stock from moshi moshi.

Everybody that works at my shop is clamoring for the 1 extra pass, so no go on that theory.

I won't be at my booth before the show starts as I will be out bargain hunting.

Everybody should definitely stop by the both and say whoever they are from these boards as it is always nice to be able to put a face with a name!

Is anybody bringing anything fun to trade to the show?

Ok, I have good news and I have bad news. Bad news is the closer Izzy's is full for Sunday. Good news is there is a new Izzy's in eastport closer to OMSI. Also I have reserved their "sun room" which hold 75 and sounds really cool. This is the final plan and I hope to see you all there. Extra bonus, 3pm is still lunch rate so don't be late. :) Lunch rate for buffet is $10.48 with drink.

: 300 N Winning Way, Portland, OR 97227-2108 1: Start out going EAST on N WINNING WAY toward NE WHEELER AVE/N WHEELER AVE. 0.1 mi

2: Merge onto I-5 S/US-30 E. 0.3 mi

3: Merge onto I-84 E/US-30 E via EXIT 301 toward THE DALLES. 5.4 mi

4: Merge onto I-205 S/VETERANS MEMORIAL HWY via EXIT 6. 1.6 mi

5: Merge onto SE POWELL BLVD/US-26 W via EXIT 19. 1.5 mi

6: Turn LEFT onto SE 82ND AVE/OR-213/CASCADE HWY N. 0.2 mi

7: 3846 SE 82ND AVE is on the LEFT. 0.0 mi

B: 3846 SE 82nd Ave, Portland, OR 97266-2947 503) 771-9919

Total Travel Estimates: 13 minutes / 9.23 miles

tileprint-2.jpg

If a group of boardies plan to get together, I'll be there. Otherwise, I'll have to pass.

http://www.portlandcomicbookshow.com/

How are you Dan?

Royce(designer toast),Mike(senormac) and myself will be there.Mike has other plans so probaly a short visit for him.

I will be getting signatures on Niks animation cel from as many boardies as possible.After it is signed it will be framed and given to his kids.A worthy cause.I would love to add your auto!

Dennis

Well, last week I was scheduled to have the time off to go to this show. I'm sure you can see where this is going...yep...got told literally 10 minutes ago I could not have the time off. :censored: Top it off with this: I was on a waiting list for a table and got an e-mail offering me a table, which I paid for last night. meh

If I leave work and cruise up the show, I won't be there until 5PM so there's no point in going. I hope everyone else has a great time there. (thumbs u

Why the hell would anyone want to leave the convention at 3PM to eat "lunch" when the show closes at 5PM?

1. Most fans run out of comic loot by 2:30 pm.

2. Our stomachs are growling.

3. Don't think Izzy's has a liquor license and we know you prefer a liquid lunch or dinner. :jokealert:

Why the hell would anyone want to leave the convention at 3PM to eat "lunch" when the show closes at 5PM?

1. Most fans run out of comic loot by 2:30 pm.

2. Our stomachs are growling.

3. Don't think Izzy's has a liquor license and we know you prefer a liquid lunch or dinner. :jokealert:

We know you won't be buying any comics so why bother even going?

Izzy's are for puzzies.

I didn't go to Portland to go to Izzy's.

Enjoy your lunch with your mystery guest.

Well, last week I was scheduled to have the time off to go to this show. I'm sure you can see where this is going...yep...got told literally 10 minutes ago I could not have the time off. :censored: Top it off with this: I was on a waiting list for a table and got an e-mail offering me a table, which I paid for last night. meh

If I leave work and cruise up the show, I won't be there until 5PM so there's no point in going. I hope everyone else has a great time there. (thumbs u

That blows.... :sorry:

You get to see me! :baiting:

You get to see me! :baiting:

:fear: