• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is anyone going to Portland Oregon Comic Convention ?

92 posts in this topic

I will be driving down from Canada with my possie and my lackey, greggy :sumo:. Staying Sat. night Nov. 14/09 at Doubletree 3 star hotel next to Lloyd Center mall.

Already saw the excellent original comic bk art gallery show in Eugene, OR and Mount St. Helens Oct. 11/09.

I will be driving down from Canada with my possie and my lackey, greggy :sumo:. Staying Sat. night Nov. 14/09 at Doubletree 3 star hotel next to Lloyd Center mall.

Already saw the excellent original comic bk art gallery show in Eugene, OR and Mount St. Helens Oct. 11/09.

Thats cool your all making that long trek. On the day of the show are you going to do a lunch gathering? I think it would be fun if all the boardies who go met up for lunch and shared there great finds.

Padiwan greggy and I have not quite confirmed if we are staying 1 or 2 nights in Portland yet. If we stay the 2 nights, then we should have time for a nice sit down lunch or dinner with all the forumites who want to kow-tow to the forum legend, greggy. (worship)

Just got back from the Bellingham, WA comicon where 4 hungry dealers from Seattle, WA and a couple from Vancouver, BC feasted on the comics from "I Love Comics" who drove all the way up from Portland for this relatively small but successful event. These are the scraps I scored, as I was 1 hr late entering the con. :whee:

PA250627.jpg

I Love Comics will also be selling at the Portland comicon with more inventory and fan friendly prices. He had a long box of coverless early SA Marvel, DC, misc. :eyeroll: that I enjoyed.

Thats cool your all making that long trek. On the day of the show are you going to do a lunch gathering? I think it would be fun if all the boardies who go met up for lunch and shared there great finds.

If any boardies are in town the day before the show and want to get lunch downtown, I can probably escape from work for an hour or two.

I will be at the show, but I will just be getting rid of some junk.

If anybody has anything interesting for trade PM and I would bring some trade bait to the show, or we could meet up at my store downtown.

If any boardies are in town the day before the show and want to get lunch downtown, I can probably escape from work for an hour or two.

If anybody has anything interesting for trade PM and I would bring some trade bait to the show, or we could meet up at my store downtown.

What store do you own?

bGalaxy,

Will you be blowing out any Moshi Moshi at the Portland comicon? My buddy loves any and all wacky Japanese imported items. :ohnoez:

Still trying to figure out what to do with our table for that show, but one of the current main ideas is just bringing a bunch of moshi moshi merch. If we do that, we will probably make it all half off later in the day...

What store do you own?

It is eponymous - Billy Galaxy

right near Powell's books in downtown Portland.

Some links in my sig..

What store do you own?

Another stop perhaps???

I will be in Portland for 2 nights. Should have time to visit the submarine at OMSI and buy some moshi-moshi. :whee:

actually, we closed moshi moshi down, and just reverted back to our one retail location dealing in vintage toys, comics & collectibles, but we may bring some moshi moshi stock to the Portland show. We still have a nice selection of vintage Japanese toys at our shop though...

It's been a while, but what kind of time frame am I looking at between Portland and Eugene? Also, anyone have link to the art show that is on at the college, or wherever it may be?

Any word on whether or not there will be some kind of dinner or general get together? I fund that is always the highlight of the shows for me... meeting fellow collectors and boardies :hi:

~G