• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And people wonder why folks get a little bit peeved...

1,324 posts in this topic

And to correct something you said, pressing is not the least invasive form of anything. It is completely 100% non invasive.

That's not going to be true, no matter how many times you keep posting it.

Why don't you just make your own grading company? Then you can make the status quo, whatever you want it to be. Don't that sound exciting? :popcorn: Label "pressing" as restoration. Maybe, put a little devil sticker in the corner of the label so that it will be easily identified? With so many complaints towards how CGC conducts their business, you would think that someone would make a company and do things their own way. As it is, it's just a bunch of "yakkity-yak, yakkity-yak, yakkity, yak, yak, yak" that will change nothing.

It still wouldn't make the statement true.

I am not responding to whatever "statement" you are talking about. I am responding to general flood of this: :cry: coming from you.

If you don't like the way things are categorized by the status quo, than change the status quo. You can be the champion for the good and just ;) DIY (Do It Yourself).

I've already got a job. It would be easier if those that already did it would just start doing the right thing. (Sorry...but I'm just not going to put much effort into responding to the typical "if you don't like it then just do it yourself" nonsense).

And to correct something you said, pressing is not the least invasive form of anything. It is completely 100% non invasive.

Humidty aka water has to penetrate the book when some applications of pressing are done. Would this not be invasive?

Humidity penetrates the book every time it is removed from the mylar.

So why add more humidty on purpose if that is what we are trying to stop? I am assuming that is why we are putting our collections in mylars and fullbacks with a dehumidifier if needed.

So now you are trying to say that mylars and fullbacks and dehumidifiers cause a reaction within the chemical composition of a comic book. By your ridiculous thought process, this should also be considered restoration. You are altering the natural aging process of the comic.

Why don't you just make your own grading company? Then you can make the status quo, whatever you want it to be. Don't that sound exciting? :popcorn: Label "pressing" as restoration. Maybe, put a little devil sticker in the corner of the label so that it will be easily identified? With so many complaints towards how CGC conducts their business, you would think that someone would make a company and do things their own way. As it is, it's just a bunch of "yakkity-yak, yakkity-yak, yakkity, yak, yak, yak" that will change nothing.

I am not responding to whatever "statement" you are talking about. I am responding to general flood of this: :cry: coming from you.

If you don't like the way things are categorized by the status quo, than change the status quo. You can be the champion for the good and just ;) DIY (Do It Yourself).

I've already got a job. It would be easier if those that already did it would just start doing the right thing. (Sorry...but I'm just not going to put much effort into responding to the typical "if you don't like it then just do it yourself" nonsense).

Well, you are probably going to lose that job if you spend every waking hour in a pressing thread, which you have done now for about 3 - 4 days. So you think pressing is unethical? How about stealing from your employer? Because that is what you are doing.

Well, you are probably going to lose that job if you spend every waking hour in a pressing thread, which you have done now for about 3 - 4 days. So you think pressing is unethical? How about stealing from your employer? Because that is what you are doing.

I said I've got a job, Dale. I didn't say I had an employer. Do you ever know what you're talking about?

I said I've got a job, Dale. I didn't say I had an employer. Do you ever know what you're talking about?

hm

reading your posts, I wasn't aware that was a requirement....

Than you forfeit your oppurunity to turn what you believe to be wrong, into something that you believe, right. If that is what you consider "nonsense", it is your right to do so. Nonetheless, you made the choice. Just as I or nobody else can change what you do, you cannot change how other conduct their business. As you chose not to change the status quo, you decided to make "public grievances" the the limit of your influence. Certainly your right to do so, but actions speak louder than words. Any public grievance that you, your supporters, I, or anyone else makes, is essentially void of influence. If you want to change things, you will need to do so yourself. Complaining will not change anything.

hm

It's not. You don't have to know what you're talking about in order for me to post.

hm

:signfunny:

Humidty aka water has to penetrate the book when some applications of pressing are done. Would this not be invasive?

Humidity penetrates the book every time it is removed from the mylar.

So why add more humidty on purpose if that is what we are trying to stop? I am assuming that is why we are putting our collections in mylars and fullbacks with a dehumidifier if needed.

So now you are trying to say that mylars and fullbacks and dehumidifiers cause a reaction within the chemical composition of a comic book. By your ridiculous thought process, this should also be considered restoration. You are altering the natural aging process of the comic.

:roflmao:

Than you forfeit your oppurunity to turn what you believe to be wrong, into something that you believe, right. If that is what you consider "nonsense", it is your right to do so. Nonetheless, you made the choice. Just as I or nobody else can change what you do, you cannot change how other conduct their business. As you chose not to change the status quo, you decided to make "public grievances" the the limit of your influence. Certainly your right to do so, but actions speak louder than words. Any public grievance that you, your supporters, I, or anyone else makes, is essentially void of influence. If you want to change things, you will need to do so yourself. Complaining will not change anything.

I don't forfeit anything. And I make public grievances because I think they need to be made when a wrong is being done to something I care about. And this type of action certainly isn't void of influence. It was posts made by some of the very people on this board that helped me make up my mind on the subject.

I don't forfeit anything. And I make public grievances because I think they need to be made when a wrong is being done to something I care about. And this type of action certainly isn't void of influence. It was posts made by some of the very people on this board that helped me make up my mind on the subject.

It was also posts on this very board that outed Ewert.

It was also posts on this very board that had CGC close PCS.

Clearly it's all pointless. meh

Go ahead and complain your heart out. Get all emo and be the Matt Murdock of pressing and CGC complaints. Without action, nothing will change in the industry. That's the point.

Go ahead and complain your heart out. Get all emo and be the Matt Murdock of pressing and CGC complaints. Without action, nothing will change in the industry. That's the point.

Thanks for your permission. And please see FT's post right above yours. (thumbs u

Domo, at what point will you just drop it and stop arguing with everyone?

when they all go away? when the weight of this thread causes a black hole in the servers it resides in and pulls the entire forum into it? when everyone suddenly does a 180 and agrees with you?

you do realise that you're just being baited now, don't you?

what is it about the hobby of collecting funny books that it produces people who just are not wired to walk away from a discussion once every last bit of usefulness has been wrung out of it? 730+ posts and we are still almost exactly where we were at post 10 or so.

when they all go away? when the weight of this thread causes a black hole in the servers it resides in and pulls the entire forum into it? when everyone suddenly does a 180 and agrees with you?

what is it about the hobby of collecting funny books that it produces people who just are not wired to walk away from a discussion once every last bit of usefulness has been wrung out of it? 730+ posts and we are still almost exactly where we were at post 10 or so.

heh, you crack me up

Over the last year I've watch the pro-pressing crowd in here continue to try to shout down any opposition to their cash cow. If they can't shout the person down, then they point fingers at them for not being able to walk away. Why don't you pro-pressers drop it? Does every voice of dissent have to be crushed by you in order to make you feel better about the process? And you also might want to ask yourself just exactly who is baiting who.

Over the last year I've watch the pro-pressing crowd in here continue to try to shout down any opposition to their cash cow. If they can't shout the person down, then they point fingers at them for not being able to walk away. Why don't you pro-pressers drop it? Does every voice of dissent have to be crushed by you in order to make you feel better about the process? And you also might want to ask yourself just exactly who is baiting who.

who the :censored: are you talking to? because it can't be me.

You're clearly an obstinate person who's been pushed to the edge of sensibility and personal decency by a whole group of others. I'm singling you out because you're continuing to wage what seems like a one-man campaign here and the other side doesn't really appear to be all that interested in continuing it with you.

At least not on your terms.

Which by most accounts is a loss in a debate exercise. It ain't me being pejorative, it's the bloody truth