• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And people wonder why folks get a little bit peeved...

1,324 posts in this topic

Domo's posting style reminds me of black hearted dwarf.

If that's another accusation, I'll make you the same offer I made to FK yesterday.

Care to put a large amount of money where your mouth is?

I care to. :hi:

Since you want to make a game out of this, tell us who you are and I will gladly donate $1,000 to Niks kids College fund even though I can't really afford to.

Do it for Niks kids Domo, it's a no brainer.

I didn't even know Nik, but from what I gather, his kids got quite a little college nest egg from the forum auctions. And I said a large amount of money, Ze-man. It's my information and you're the one who wants it, so I'll make the offer. You and the rest of your little knitting circle pool together and come up with $10,000. $5,000 will go to me, and the other $5,000 will go to a local battered womens shelter that my wife used to volunteer at. That shouldn't be too much for some of you bigshot presser now...should it? There's a lot of women out there in desperate need of help, Ze-man. Do it for them.

Actually $1,000 is a large amount of money to me Domo, but to help out Niks kids and level the playing field so we could all know who we are conversing with I was willing to pony up what I had saved. Personally I could not care less who you are.( did I say that right? :eek: )

And for the record, I am not exactly what you would call a big shot presser. Have only pressed a handful of books in recent years, and those were for friends with books that needed it. Just because I know how to does not mean I press every book in sight.

You have made things interesting around here though, see ya next time around.

I'm sure the $1,000 was a very generous offer for you, Ze-man. Just not enough for me. Thanks for making it though. See you. :hi:

This thread is much ado about nothing.

So what if some press comic books for additional monetary value, or press them for bragging rights for their own collection?

Big deal.

These are comic books folks. Not decisions about life and death. Not taking food from starving children. Not even about health care costs.

They are comic books. That prized book in your collection, that has not been pressed, will eventually fade away, either through fire, water, theft or bought by someone else who will press it or restore it in some other way. It will happen. It is just a matter of when, not if.

Time to grow up (unless you sell comic books for a living) :)

All of this name calling and such, is just not something that can lead anywhere good.

Is this the same forum membership that did so well helping out members who were having hard times or passed away? Is this the type of crowd you want to be associated with? A crowd that makes fun of kids on "short buses"? A crowd that throws about Nik's name and family, as if they are a charity or commodity?

Time to stop this silly thread. What is the point? Comic books get pressed and that may or may not cause neglibible harm in a very long length of time? Well past any of your lifetimes?

I am all for truth in disclosure and in the consequences of actions taken. But this thread, the gang up on one member and the stubborness of most to have to get in the last word, has gone too far. Pride makes men sometimes look foolish.

Of course this is just my opinion and yours may vary, but can't we put all of this wit and energy to a better use. Like maybe discussing whether or not Batman could kick Spidermans butt on an isolated island, with no tie and no villian in the middle. (okay, bad example, but the best I can come up with without mentioning global warming, politics or religion)

Let's move on.

An eleven year old farm boy was at home and someone knocked at the door. He opened it and there was an older man and the man asked for the boys father. The boy said that his father had went to town. The man then asked for the boys 18 year old brother and the boy told the man that his brother was with his father, gone to town.

The boy then asked the man if there was something he could help him with. The man told the boy that he was here because the boys older brother had impregnated the mans daughter and things had to be settled.

The boy says "well, Pa gets 60 dollars for servicing from the bull and 30 dollars for serving from the hog, but I really don't know what he gets for Daryle. You'll have to talk to him tomorrow".

(thumbs u

I'm out

:applause: