• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heee's Back!

26 posts in this topic

At least the two right hands thing could be considered a one-time mistake. At our shop, we used to nail him on trying to break the laws of physics. You have a 300 pound guy holding a 400 pound gun in one hand with a 1000 pound missle launcher on his opposite shoulder and yet his ankles taper down to almost a pin-point before the feet. Every joint on every character (knees, elbows, waists, wrists, and especially ankles) was way too small. I never did get what people liked about his art. As for Keith...he never did it for me either, but I have to give him credit for being an innovator (I just personally dislike the innovation). I like it clean and real.. like Lee, Silvestri, and Todd. I'll take classic Kirby and Ditko over 90% of the stuff out since the early 90s.

My mother is a physical therapist, and every time she saw a comic with Liefield (or, for that matter, many other "hot" artists) she would choke at the depictions of women - all of the women's femurs are too long. The women would have multiple compound fractures when they turned, and would dislocate their hips on every step. 27_laughing.gif

My favorite artist is an acquired taste, Sam Kieth. I have seen him get slammed a bit and though understand critics opinions, I don’t think they understand his art.

Sam Kieth is also one of my favorite artists. I'm still trying to acquire a piece of his original art for the MAXX. Anyone know where he sells his art? confused-smiley-013.gif

Check Heritage. They usually have some Keith art for auction (don't have my catalog handy, else I'd tell you what they have now). I'm positive I've seen some Maxx art on there at some point.

Chris