• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hero For Hire CGC 9.2 on ebay... how can this be a 9.2???

32 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hero-For-Hire-1-CGC-9-2-OW-Unrestored-No-reserve_W0QQitemZ150385339123QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2303aa2af3

Take a look at the closeup of the slab??

I see a bunch of spine creases and other problems with this book.... what was CGC thinking?

Looks like a 8.5 to 9.0 to me.

Thx

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hero-For-Hire-1-CGC-9-2-OW-Unrestored-No-reserve_W0QQitemZ150385339123QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2303aa2af3

Take a look at the closeup of the slab??

I see a bunch of spine creases and other problems with this book.... what was CGC thinking?

Looks like a 8.5 to 9.0 to me.

Thx

there's a Flash #170 9.4 just listed on Clink that looks just as bad- no way it's better than an 8.5 w/o beer goggles

Those scans are very lo-res. The spine ticks may not be colour breaking, it could be light reflecting back from the scanner.

It's impossible to grade that book properly through the poor quality of the scans and through two layers of plastic.

CGC ain't perfect. Imagine trying to grade the amount of books that they do. Some will slip through overgraded.

They always say never to buy a car built on a Monday or Friday. Maybe I should request that CGC grades my books on a Monday or Friday. hm

I think CGC recognizes the fact that a black background shows everything.

This book is probably no worse than another 9.2 with a white background = same amount of creases. CGC does not grade on eye appeal, if they did many of my 7.0's would be 9.8's !