• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with a DEBATE 4 school: Pros & cons of EUTHANASIA

26 posts in this topic

Poverty..

I just threw those two out as examples that can be used. I am open to the social contract theory, divine command blah blah blah. Pretty much anything is fair game. I just basically want opinions and valid points to back statements up. The philosophicla spin would be an added bonus if presented tongue.gif

Euthanasia is also legal in Oregon. The law has passed 3 times, but the federal government brings up appeal after appeal to reverse the decision. I know a guy up in Oregon and his main argument is:

If we can put suffering animals to sleep, why can't we do it for suffering humans? tongue.gif

Because animals don't help the "no escape from the revolving door once youre in it" medical, insurance, and legal establishments reperpetuate themselves on the misery of untold & unnecessary human suffering. No one profiteers by legally having to keep animals that are 95% more dead than alive from expiring at any expense. Misery and hopelessness are a big industry in this country generating many billions of dollars annually.

oooh categorical imparative and utilitarianism..haven't heard those words since Philosphy 230..heh guess that just goes to show what a great waste of time some of this Gen Ed stuff you have to do in college is

I'm sorry, but I agree with murph0. Looks like our overpaid (cheesecake job) college professors are at it again, too bad they don't teach students how to forget all their meaningless coursework & ciriculum (sp) when it comes to the profession you end up in, cause that's what's gonna happen. I haven't looked back even since I received my MS back in 1986, and I now believe it was really only worth 2 years of "practical" (not academic) experience, a fact. Once you graduate with your BS or BA, don't even look back, because you'll be forced to forget that your superior intellect is a complete waste and irrelavent in the real world and you will forget all these hypothetical/convenient study topics that you can contemplate at your leisure, and you will be shocked that none of that matters, cause you gotta start making some money quickly & patiently (to buy more comics of course!) Folks like Shulley76 know this, because they have probably worked their tails off all their lives, and don't have the leisurely time to dwell on topics like this nor waste any time believing they are intellectually superior, because they're too busy WORKING.

Sorry, but my daughter has this "superior intellect" as well, and she has had only one job in 10 years, so she is in for a real suprise! Especially when she can't spend a week contemplating the philosophy a time sensitive project that requires independent judgement & initiative they do not teach in these seemingly extreme liberal institutions anymore. I forgot...what comic topic was this... tongue.gif