• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So if Adam West only personalizes autographs....

60 posts in this topic

Well yes but I gotta tread lightly. One of the convention promoters ( there are 2 promoters of this con) doesn't like me. He thinks that I am a bad guy and am making money hand over fist and just pay admission. He also thinks I try to get free sketches and get stacks of books signed by all the creators he brings in.

Well yes but I gotta tread lightly. One of the convention promoters ( there are 2 promoters of this con) doesn't like me. He thinks that I am a bad guy and am making money hand over fist and just pay admission. He also thinks I try to get free sketches and get stacks of books signed by all the creators he brings in.

What part of what he thinks isn't true? (shrug)

He will be in dallas in January. I am thinking of offering him an extra 20 per item to sign without personalizing. Perhaps the extra money will entice him.

Can you let us know how that goes? I wouldn't mind paying a few extra dollars for a "clean" signature from him at a later event next year.

I tried to get Adam West to sign a comic at Wonder Con and San Diego this year and both times his helper said he would only sign it if it was personalized. I explained to him that it was for me but I didn't want "to mike" or whatever taking away from the cover or his signature but as Joel said, They guy just states that it is in his contract. Adam was right next to us and just sat there in agreement.. doh! Sucks because Adam West, Burt Ward, Julie Newmar and others from the Batman tv show will be in Anaheim for Wizards Convention this year. I think they mentioned having all living cast members in attendance..

Yep, the Anaheim show is the big one that I'm planning for and the one that I'd like to get some books signed at. But I don't want my own name scrawled on those covers. :P

Hopefully, thecollector will come back with some good news for us after the January show and signing opportunity. :wishluck:

I think him requiring personalization at cons to prevent the resale of his un-personalized signature is more due to the fact the he sells unpersonalized autographs on his own website. But what kinda pisses me off is that he wants to charge me $50 to sign a photo in person and it must be personalized but the same item can be bought from Adams website for just $30 :frustrated:

Yep, the Anaheim show is the big one that I'm planning for and the one that I'd like to get some books signed at. But I don't want my own name scrawled on those covers. :P

Hopefully, thecollector will come back with some good news for us after the January show and signing opportunity. :wishluck:

Ya, I hope that with him attending more of these cons he will loosen up a little. Last time he refused I politely told his helper that he was missing out on a very large portion of business by requiring personalization on everything. So hopefully at some point it will sink in but like I just mentioned in a previous post, Adam is at the conventions repping Adam West.Com and that site sells AW autos so I am sure he wants to make sure he is the only one on the net doing so..

Well I am not a bad guy. I am making money but not dumptruck loads of it, I pay for the sketches. I never ask for a free sketch and even if I get a free sketch I offer the creator some money. I Don't get stacks of books signed at his conventions. Maybe 2 or 3 from each creator if that many. J. Scott Campbell was an exception I think I had him sign 8 comics. David Prowse doesn't count because I paid him over 700 dollars.

Well I am not a bad guy. I am making money but not dumptruck loads of it, I pay for the sketches. I never ask for a free sketch and even if I get a free sketch I offer the creator some money. I Don't get stacks of books signed at his conventions. Maybe 2 or 3 from each creator if that many. J. Scott Campbell was an exception I think I had him sign 8 comics. David Prowse doesn't count because I paid him over 700 dollars.

thecollector, are you a CGC SS Witness?

:signfunny:

??? really? (shrug)

Yes I am

??? really? (shrug)

The people here that know Kris think it's funny because it'd be like asking the Beatles if they knew how to play any music.

??? really? (shrug)

The people here that know Kris think it's funny because it'd be like asking the Beatles if they knew how to play any music.

Some people would argue that would not be such a silly question to ask the Beatles. :baiting:

Thanks for the compliment Adam.

As I stated before I am a witness. I have been a witness for 5 years I think. I am pretty good at what I do. That being said I am probably not the best.

I will keep everybody informed about adam west. I also have another idea. Perhaps have him sign on the cover and personalize it on the 1st page on the bottom margin. It is still personalized. but on the inside where nobody else will see it since it would be SS'd

Oooops! :blush:

Sorry Kris.... no disrespect intended. I only recently had my first books signed, so I'm fairly new to The Signature Room forums. Usually I'm found in other discussion forums here on the boards.

I will keep everybody informed about adam west. I also have another idea. Perhaps have him sign on the cover and personalize it on the 1st page on the bottom margin. It is still personalized. but on the inside where nobody else will see it since it would be SS'd

Kris, I think that's a brilliant idea! :golfclap:

I hope he'll go for it! Keep us posted.

To answer an earlier post, I don't think Adam West has a malfunction because he insists on personalizing everything. I just wish he would have a definitive answer or be willing to discuss why he wants to do it that way. Trust me, I've met creators that have given me twenty minute lectures on why they always personalize, and there, I can respect the creator because they firmly believe in that point of view. But I don't agree with the excuses that Mr. West and his helpers have used in the past.

Kris, I hope you can make him see the light of day of "relaxing" his policy. If anyone can convince him, I'm sure it's you... :)

Joel