• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Most Overpriced Art???

28 posts in this topic

Someone could say "Damn, They want how much for THAT? fast forward 5 years same person saying "Aww man! I could of got that for a 1/3 of the price it just sold for,should of bought it when I had the chance!"

Yes, I think AH! art is overpriced.

More just because I don't think tonytiger's a shill either?

He's not a shill

I wasn't thinking shill I was thinking "ooooh" anonymous :ohnoez: that's the best way to get your opinion across. (thumbs u

The only opinion that holds less weight than unsigned posts with no way of IDing the poster are the posts by certain shills who say the same thing over and over again.

Best,

Chris

When Ruben links popularity to price, he's absolutely right. My local paper is still (re)running PEANUTS strips. The characters are still be used in advertising, hardcover collections are available, and it goes on and on and on. I'm not surprised that the strips are still going for large sums of cash.

Would I pay that kind of money? (Well, it certainly ain't peanuts.) No, I wouldn't, but I've lost my love of the strip -- probably because it's so available and I've read them all more than twice. But a CALVIN AND HOBBS Sunday strip? Oh, yes (and I've read all of them more than twice, too)...except that I'd be outbid.

We buy what we love. A lot of people love PEANUTS and I don't see prices dropping.

When Ruben links popularity to price, he's absolutely right. My local paper is still (re)running PEANUTS strips. The characters are still be used in advertising, hardcover collections are available, and it goes on and on and on. I'm not surprised that the strips are still going for large sums of cash.

And I was thinking about this today while my kids and myself were putting up our Peanuts-themed Christmas decorations outside.

Instead of putting my money away to gear up to buy a Peanuts strip I am putting more cash in the Estate's coffers. I am getting further away. lol

More just because I don't think tonytiger's a shill either?

He's not a shill

I wasn't thinking shill I was thinking "ooooh" anonymous :ohnoez: that's the best way to get your opinion across. (thumbs u

The only opinion that holds less weight than unsigned posts with no way of IDing the poster are the posts by certain shills who say the same thing over and over again.

Best,

Chris

My, who could you possibly be referring to? lol