• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A little rich for my blood....

65 posts in this topic

Some of the recent ComicLink bids are a bit insane. $2200 for a CGC 9.0 FF #8?!?! Holy smokes, no way it will maintain that value up through 2006 (after the film)...that's a 2010/2015 price tag. Wonder if it's a shill bid since I see very little way Josh can prevent that? confused-smiley-013.gif If that bid gets eventually accepted...I may to have to concede that FF is currently SUPAHOT and the prices are bubbling. gossip.gif

Since Storms' CGC 9.4 FF #17 sold rather quickly for $4500, going for $5500 doesn't seem unreasonable...although certainly the price itself seems a bit high!

In defense of James, I think you updated your website a couple of times and removed a number of books that Saturday, so he didn't have a chance to see the full splendor of your collection.

By the way Bob, the FF # 1 VF- sure is purdy, are you willing to accept body organs as down payment?

And what did my 1st FF #3 9.0 copy sell for when I first posted my FF's?

Over $6000+. You're slipping James.

Yea, the data feed from your website to my brain must have been down that day! foreheadslap.gif I think that's also how JiveTurkey and Gman ended up STEALING so many other copies before I got a chance to see them. sorry.gif As for $6000 on that FF #3, I can only say ... 893whatthe.gif FF IS SUPAHOT!

You should post a complete list for the sale prices on the complete Storms FF run! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I think that's also how JiveTurkey and Gman ended up STEALING so many other copies before I got a chance to see them

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Don't take it personally...anybody who buys an FF copy that I would rather have myself is a dirty rotten THIEF ! ! ! 893naughty-thumb.gifdevil.giftongue.gif

I can see Blob67 is conspiring to steal my CGC 9.0 copy of FF #31 off of E-Bay as we speak... 893scratchchin-thumb.giffrown.gif

FF IS SUPAHOT!

I've been trying to get you to acknowledge this for months, then Big Bad Bob comes along with some pricing data and you fold like an accordian. 27_laughing.gif

i think james didn't want the competition in paying through the nose, 893scratchchin-thumb.gif once the cat is out of the bag, all the johnny come lately's show up. blush.gifshocked.gifinsane.gif

And what did my 1st FF #3 9.0 copy sell for when I first posted my FF's?

Over $6000+. You're slipping James.

Yea, the data feed from your website to my brain must have been down that day! foreheadslap.gif I think that's also how JiveTurkey and Gman ended up STEALING so many other copies before I got a chance to see them. sorry.gif As for $6000 on that FF #3, I can only say ... 893whatthe.gif FF IS SUPAHOT!

You should post a complete list for the sale prices on the complete Storms FF run! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

me a thief? say it isn't so..... i only picked up 2 books.

$6000 for a #3 is something else altogether...I just looked thru my data and the last CGC 9.0 copy sold in July 2002 for $3400. Still remember that vividly because I bumped it up that high by bidding $3300... frown.gif HUGE increase over that 16-month time lapse! shocked.gif Most other increases have only been around 20% to 40%, which is about how they've gone up since I started collecting the title in 2000, but that's almost a doubling in price. Same for that FF #8 CGC 9.0 on ComicLink...I bought my CGC 9.2 cr/ow copy for $1350 in 2002 and the bid on that one is up to $2200. 893whatthe.gif

I don't think the title has the legs to hold these kinds of increases. I know they're rarer than Spidey, but they're also less popular...the prices they're going for now are starting to eclipse the amounts paid for equivalent Spidey issues in equivalent grades. I just can't see it lasting.