• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fraud from a seller -

142 posts in this topic

Always count pages.

Always count pages.

Always, always, always count pages, especially on any book you pay more than $50 for.

Or just buy OA, hard to miss a page when you are buying the page itself.

Thanks, KK

I actually pay for the art I win at auction...so I can't be KK.

KK acolyte.

Naw, I actually own artwork.

I show off my artwork.

I don't tell anyone that artwork is going to be worth a million dollars.

I have had the same forum name since day 1.

I have never told people I am big into buying precious metals while actually buying silver dimes one and two at a time on Ebay.

So I can't be an acolyte of his.

Especially since I am pretty sure I have forgotten more about the OA hobby than he knows first hand.

I am more of an F-Ing H acolyte. (worship)

No Acolytes.Looky at the picture...geeesshh you'd think you never heard fo the APA (Acolyte protection Agency) Bradshaw and farouk rock!

My bad. Since I found out wrestling was fake, I just haven't been able to watch the WWF.

:blush:

Memo to self: To wind up Caira, suggest association, however loose, with KK.

Better than your usual shooter of Patron and a handful of Ruffies.

:blush:

Memo to self: To wind up Caira, suggest association, however loose, with KK.

Better than your usual shooter of Patron and a handful of Ruffies.

:eek: Does wind up mean that? I can't keep up with all this lingo.

No Acolytes.Looky at the picture...geeesshh you'd think you never heard fo the APA (Acolyte protection Agency) Bradshaw and farouk rock!

My bad. Since I found out wrestling was fake, I just haven't been able to watch the WWF.

WHHHHHAAATTTTT???? Fake sure sure..wrestling is fake and Keeley Hazell is allllll real..sure

Chris, you need to take off the lawyer hat on this. He had a chance to inspect the book. If the seller told him the stamp was in the book, it's a mute point. He could have looked at it, he held the book in hand. If the seller told him that Stan Lee had lunch while reading the book and Jack Kirby cleared the dishes, it would not really matter. He had the book in hand and later decided he did not like it. He could have not liked it before he paid for it and went home?

What if the seller told him the stamp was missing while it was in fact still in the book? Should the buyer offer him more money because he described the book worse than it really was? I have bought books and found out the were not as nice as I thought. Through the mail you have an honest gripe. In person it's a different thing.

Just me thoughts....

You could try talking to him saying that that you are going to have to take this to small claims, he might sort you out just to avoid the agro.

That costs money and lots of time.

Chris, does he have a case in small claims court? Would a judge rule he was cheated even though he had a chance to inspect the item? If the seller offered an option time for a third party inspection, or said you have seven days to change your mind, maybe? But I did not hear anything like that in prior threads....

happened to me once when i bought a G copy of Daredevil 131 for $10 in a local convention. since its a cheap book i did not bother to return it but i do know how you feel given that its a high $ book.

:gossip: It's called the WWE now

If he lives near you and he won't give you a refund then you need to break his legs. He most likely knew the stamp was missing, he probably got it, put it up on craig's list hoping for some sucker (like you) to buy it without noticing it...I know these things..I used to do them when I was a teenager. :devil::whistle::gossip: