• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why are so many ebay sellers, so stupid?

36 posts in this topic

I just clicked on the Silver Age Comic section of ebay.co.uk and only 3 out of the first 50 auctions were actually Silver Age. The rest were from Bronze to Modern.

Is it because they're stupid or do they think that they'll get somebody looking for a Silver Age book, suddenly decide that they want to buy their krapp?

Stupid enough to forget to change the category they put their last listing in probably.

Even more stupid for risking nice SA books on eBay UK at the moment with the record lows books are fetching.

Are they British or not British?

You've all got a bit of Brit in you somewhere.

I had mine surgically removed...., :eek:

Forget the bronze age in silver section..

how about the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who have things in comics section that's not even remotely comic related

On the flip side ocassionally (ok rarely) a nice book is listed under something bizarre like Cufflinks or Digital Cameras.

That what they call it these days? "Bit of Brit"...?

More likely you all have some Greek in you!

You've all been Greek-ed

Stupid enough to forget to change the category they put their last listing in probably.

It's not that hard a mistake to make depending on what you're listing as well as the circumstances; I've done it.

Then you have people like SNE who just don't give a hoot where they list their items.

That what they call it these days? "Bit of Brit"...?

More likely you all have some Greek in you!

You've all been Greek-ed

They told me that was the custom, and I didn't want to offend my hosts....

:shrug:

It's not that hard a mistake to make depending on what you're listing as well as the circumstances; I've done it.

Then you have people like SNE who just don't give a hoot where they list their items.

With 47 out of the first 50 auctions being incorrect, I'd say that most don't give a hoot.