• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee @ Frank and Son Collectible Show, Sat. Jan. 16, 2010

35 posts in this topic

NEWS FLASH :rulez:

I just got a call from the promoters of Frank & Son Collectible Show. :censored: Prices for the Stan Lee tickets have gone UP TO $45.00 per ticket. The pre-sale of tickets is now over. So tickets will be available for purchase at the new $45.00 price.

I have been instructed to raise the sale price of the online tickets as well. So effective as of Wednesday, January 13th at 8:00 PM (PST) the online ticket prices will be at $50.00 per ticket. Sorry guys. So If you want to order tickets through DWC, you can go to the Desert Wind Comics Webstore where you can purchase your tickets for this event. We are only making this available here on the CGC boards. We are not advertising this anywhere else. Considering we are offering this convenience, you will notice that we have to charge $40.00 instead of 35.00 because we have to pay a transaction fee for the credit card or paypal transaction. Also we are making the arrangements to hold your tickets and wrist bands until Saturday morning for pick up at our booth. BUT for every ticket you purchase, if you submit a book for CGC grading with us you will get a $3.00 discount on the grading of that book. Our prices for grading once you submit the book to us after Stan has signed it are located here. Purchasing this ticket still requires you to stand in line to get your item signed by Stan. Otherwise you would need to submit your books to DWC for our regular Stan Lee signing which the prices are posted at our website. If you have any questions please e-mail us at desertwindcomics@hotmail.com.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

NEW ANNOUNCEMENT

News from the Stan Lee front.

:gossip:ONLY A FEW TICKETS LEFT!! :ohnoez:

If you have bought your tickets and you would like to pick up your wristband early. Frank & Son will be open to sell tickets and hand out wristbands on Friday afternoon from 12-4 pm.

Otherwise the wristbands can be picked up starting at 7:00 am on Saturday morning.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Make sure you have your receipt when you pick up your wristband. No receipt means NO WRISTBAND!!

Don't want to see anyone left behind because they forgot their receipt.

Stan is scheduled to start signing at 10:00 am and is only scheduled to sign for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. So don't show up late. Make sure you stop by the DWC booth to say hi. See everyone there.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

some new friends of mine on another forum are making me a custom Stan Lee Mighty Mugg and having him sign it this Saturday! Wish the CGC witness could also double as an AFA witness.... haha!

I'll post pics when I receive them on Sunday, then the custom Mugg will ship out to me on Monday (thumbs u

I just got back from picking up my wristband. You'll need both your wristband and your receipt to get your stuff signed. They'll be calling out groups of people based on your receipt number to get in line. That way you won't have to worry about waiting in line for four hours.

I just got back from picking up my wristband. You'll need both your wristband and your receipt to get your stuff signed. They'll be calling out groups of people based on your receipt number to get in line. That way you won't have to worry about waiting in line for four hours.

So are they going to go off of the number on the original receipt when purchased? Or do you get a new receipt/number when you pick up your wristbands? I am asking because I got a receipt a week ago when I pre-bought tickets but I can't pick up my wristband until tomorrow morning and I am trying to figure out how early I need to be there..FYI my original receipt number is 627348 ???

So are they going to go off of the number on the original receipt when purchased? Or do you get a new receipt/number when you pick up your wristbands? I am asking because I got a receipt a week ago when I pre-bought tickets but I can't pick up my wristband until tomorrow morning and I am trying to figure out how early I need to be there..FYI my original receipt number is 627348 ???

It'll be based off the number on the original receipt. The receipt numbers started at 627200 or so, so you'll be the 148th person in line. As they mentioned to me, you don't necessarily have to get in line right when they call the range of numbers you're in.

It'll be based off the number on the original receipt. The receipt numbers started at 627200 or so, so you'll be the 148th person in line. As they mentioned to me, you don't necessarily have to get in line right when they call the range of numbers you're in.

Ok, Thanks for the info..damn, 148th in line, I was hoping to get there early and be one of the first. Hopefully it all goes smoothly tomorrow. I gotta leave my house in Northern Cali around 2 am to get there so it's going to be a long night but I am stoked to meet Stan again and add some signature series books to my collection. I love that we can send books into great witnesses like DWC but there is something extra special about getting to be there in person and having that memory every time you look at the book. :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Ok, Thanks for the info..damn, 148th in line, I was hoping to get there early and be one of the first. Hopefully it all goes smoothly tomorrow. I gotta leave my house in Northern Cali around 2 am to get there so it's going to be a long night but I am stoked to meet Stan again and add some signature series books to my collection. I love that we can send books into great witnesses like DWC but there is something extra special about getting to be there in person and having that memory every time you look at the book. :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

I agree about doing it in person. If you've never been to this place before, it'll be easy to kill some time before and after the signing. Comics, toys, sports memorabilia, etc. Have a safe ride!

Well it was great seeing the boardies that came out for the event. We always enjoy meeting people who share the same passion we do. Thanks to everyone for making it a great success for us here at DWC. We look forward to seeing you all again at another event in the future. Those of you going to Seattle for the Emerald City Con look for us there as well.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics