• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tarantino Tells Hollywood To Take Their Green Lantern And Shove It

122 posts in this topic

SS being infallible is one thing but, having three non-speaking Italian persons go into an 'invite-only' event where the Fuhrer himself was going to be there, posing as Italians and having dynamite strapped to their ankles, the event not having one (Not one) single bodyguard outside the location ..that's a whole different ballpark man...even for make-believe, that's a little out there...the movie was ok but, not great..

Inglorious Basterds was great...

How was an alternate historical event, in which a lone SS officer in charge of Hitler's demise and the annhilation of the top Nazi figure heads, by letting a group of less than 10 people (alltogether) act on an unplanned military operation, be great?? Seriously, it's OK for a popcorn movie or for teenagers who like to see life in more simple terms but, the idea that Nazi security during WWII being slacked and that any foreigner could infiltrate the tight elite of Germany during that time is simply absurd. The Germans had Operation Greif but, as far as Americans doing anything like that..it would have been much more difficult.

Its not a documentary......Its entertainment :makepoint:

I have a question.

In that interview why does he keep calling Green Lantern, "The Green Lantern"?

He keeps saying " I was offered the Green Lantern", and "They said hey we own the Green Lantern"

So he thinks it's The Green Lantern, like The Phantom or The Shadow.

Kind of makes me glad he didn't get the film. He would have probably cast Antonio Fargas as Sinestro.

DICK

She shouldn't done it on "The

Number Four With a Smile."

BARRY

Isn't her album called "Number Four

With A Smile?"

DICK

That's what I said.

BARRY

No, no, no, you said "The Number

Four With a Smile," and there's no

"The" at the front of the title of

the album.

DICK

It's a reference to a Chinese meal

in Toronto and I think that there

is a "The." But I could be wrong.

BARRY

You can be and are wrong.

Well, that's good, because Tarantino is probably the most over rated director around now that Robert Altman is gone.....

Everyone in any industry is overrated...Elvis is overrated,Brando is overrated,Jack Kirby is overrated,Spider-Man is overrated... rantrant

Actually, Elvis is NOT over-rated. He is the KING. Brando had his moments, as did Kirby. And Spidey........he is the MAN.

What I like about Tarrantino is his use of dialogue. I don't care much for the gratuitous violence, but that is his thing. Reservoir Dogs is his best in my opinion, didn't care for the ear slicing thing though.

I would like to see him write a regular movie. I think he might be decent, but he might just be Kevin Smith.

I guess if I wanted to see him do a comic book movie it would be Wolverine or maybe even Deadpool. Too much dialogue for a Punisher movie.

How was an alternate historical event, in which a lone SS officer in charge of Hitler's demise and the annhilation of the top Nazi figure heads, by letting a group of less than 10 people (alltogether) act on an unplanned military operation, be great?? Seriously, it's OK for a popcorn movie or for teenagers who like to see life in more simple terms but, the idea that Nazi security during WWII being slacked and that any foreigner could infiltrate the tight elite of Germany during that time is simply absurd. The Germans had Operation Greif but, as far as Americans doing anything like that..it would have been much more difficult.

Its not a documentary......Its entertainment :makepoint:

lol

True, it served as entertainment...

Tarantino is a hack.

Let's look at his films:

Reservoir Dogs: rip-off of City On Fire, but it's still stylish and funny, and the humor is probably what saves this film.

Pulp Fiction: hugely overrated by people who were just turning on to auteur filmmaking. I loathe this film beyond all recognition.

Jackie Brown: surprisingly a pretty good film. A little long, but more restrained than his other manic fare. Probably the best film he's made yet.

Kill Bill 1 & 2: Pale rip-off of Japanese pinky violence and samurai films from the early 70s with lots of annoying Tarantino-isms (cute in-jokes, pop-culture references, etc). Everything is downhill after the opening track ("Bang Bang" by Nancy Sinatra). No redeeming qualities whatsoever. If you think there are, I have films to recommend to you.

Death Proof: where do I start with this turd? I can't believe he succeeded in making a terrible film that stars Kurt Russell. There are countless over-long scenes of people chatting, arguing, etc. Bad -script, bad ending, bad everything.

Inglorious Basterds: After the above, do you think I'd subject myself to this?

You're certainly entitled to your opinion.

As for Pulp, yeah, it's the most overrated film ever nominated for 7 Oscars.

As for him taking his inspiration from other films or sources, which seems to be the major burr in your saddle. I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that this was such a novel approach by a filmmaker.

I think he's a fantastic director. I didn't much care for the Grindhouse stuff b/c i'm not into it. But so long as he puts Marley Shelton in a film, I'll watch it. :cloud9:

Tarantino is a hack.

Let's look at his films:

Reservoir Dogs: rip-off of City On Fire, but it's still stylish and funny, and the humor is probably what saves this film.

Pulp Fiction: hugely overrated by people who were just turning on to auteur filmmaking. I loathe this film beyond all recognition.

Jackie Brown: surprisingly a pretty good film. A little long, but more restrained than his other manic fare. Probably the best film he's made yet.

Kill Bill 1 & 2: Pale rip-off of Japanese pinky violence and samurai films from the early 70s with lots of annoying Tarantino-isms (cute in-jokes, pop-culture references, etc). Everything is downhill after the opening track ("Bang Bang" by Nancy Sinatra). No redeeming qualities whatsoever. If you think there are, I have films to recommend to you.

Death Proof: where do I start with this turd? I can't believe he succeeded in making a terrible film that stars Kurt Russell. There are countless over-long scenes of people chatting, arguing, etc. Bad -script, bad ending, bad everything.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion.

As for Pulp, yeah, it's the most overrated film ever nominated for 7 Oscars.

As for him taking his inspiration from other films or sources, which seems to be the major burr in your saddle. I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that this was such a novel approach by a filmmaker.

I think he's a fantastic director. I didn't much care for the Grindhouse stuff b/c i'm not into it. But so long as he puts Marley Shelton in a film, I'll watch it. :cloud9:

(thumbs u I like most of his work - the wife only likes From Dusk 'til Dawn.

Well, that's good, because Tarantino is probably the most over rated director around now that Robert Altman is gone.....

Everyone in any industry is overrated...Elvis is overrated,Brando is overrated,Jack Kirby is overrated,Spider-Man is overrated... rantrant

Actually, Elvis is NOT over-rated. He is the KING. Brando had his moments, as did Kirby. And Spidey........he is the MAN.

it was a joke

it was a joke

Jokes are over-rated :insane:

Tarantino is a hack.

Let's look at his films:

I disagree. I think every single film he has made has been significantly better than his last, culminating in the utterly glorious Inglourious Basterds. And Reservoir Dogs was a pretty decent start.

It's not your bag though. Fair enough. We all have different tastes. For people who are steeped in cinematic lore however, and who have a playful sense of humour, his films are superb entertainments. I suspect you may be giving in ever so slightly to your sense of superiority and contrariness. I get the impression you enjoy cinema and have looked beyond the mainstream, so it surprises me that you can't sit back and laugh with Tarantino.

2c

The nazis weren't that infallible... :makepoint:

Indeed, over 70 million deaths and two superpowers, and other allies, fighting them on two fronts proved that.