• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High-Grade Miller Daredevils

46 posts in this topic

I have recently acquired perhaps the finest run of Near Mint Miller Daredevils I have ever had the pleasure of handling. It occurred to me when I have been grading them, that they have never been read, as the interior pages are still lightly held together at the printer's marks at the base of every page -- pure virgin material. Don't pass up this chance to obtain these superior books. Check out the scans -- these books are incredible.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=divadrabnud&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=30

happy collecting,

divadrabnud

If 9.4.,9.2 and 9.4 is the best you've ever seen for late run Miller Daredevils you need to start looking around a little more. 27_laughing.gif There are stacks of those books out there.

Good luck with those prices, by the way. At that level CGC graded copies would be a tough sell. The last 9.6 178 sold for $25. One sold for $13 in November. Then again Chuck R. would charge twice that, so who knows...

If 9.4.,9.2 and 9.4 is the best you've ever seen for late run Miller Daredevils you need to start looking around a little more. 27_laughing.gif There are stacks of those books out there.

Good luck with those prices, by the way. At that level CGC graded copies would be a tough sell. The last 9.6 178 sold for $25. One sold for $13 in November. Then again Chuck R. would charge twice that, so who knows...

Point well noted!

ALL IT TAKES IS ONE BUYER FOR A SELL!

Davidking623

People send them in looking for 9.8s and fall short. Although, truth be told, 9.6s, at least, made a decent profit back in the earliest movie hype days. You grab a copy for $2-5, send it in for $15 (at the time) and sell it for $50-60. Not too bad. Now everyone realizes that they are super-common and enough have been graded to comfortably satisfy demand.

Yes, but if you factor in the time, packaging, trip to the post office, and the risk that Borock and/or Haspel are having a bad day - what? you might make about $5/hour?

they don't grade moderns, that's for the low men on totem pole. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

Yes, but if you factor in the time, packaging, trip to the post office, and the risk that Borock and/or Haspel are having a bad day - what? you might make about $5/hour?

It's not really all that much time. Many sellers are at the post office all the time and are already set up to ship books out so it's not like it's some hardship. I personally could have, let's say, ten books packaged and in the hands of a postal employee inside of 30 minutes. If I make an EXTRA $20 (minimum) a book then yes, it's worth 30 minutes of my time. The "worth my time" factor increases with every additional book sent in, of course. And yes, there's the "lower than expected grades" factor, but that's just a matter of due diligence.

"One buyer" is all I'm looking for - they are sweet books. Now who would send a $24 book into CGC for grading??? A rocket scientist perhaps?
I

Sent in a DD 163 167 174 178 all came back CGC 9.8 recieved back in for DD release sold them for 750.00

MABE I WILL CHANGE MY NAME TO ROCKETSCIENTIST623

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Davidking623

they don't grade moderns, that's for the low men on totem pole. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

Yes, I'm aware of that, but I don't know the LMOTP by name . . .

"One buyer" is all I'm looking for - they are sweet books. Now who would send a $24 book into CGC for grading??? A rocket scientist perhaps?
I

Sent in a DD 163 167 174 178 all came back CGC 9.8 recieved back in for DD release sold them for 750.00

MABE I WILL CHANGE MY NAME TO ROCKETSCIENTIST623

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Davidking623

Boy, you really screwed that "one buyer" - talk about gambling stories!

In fact, Dking has been that "one buyer" a couple of times!

Hulk 181 CGC 8.0 White Pages Qualified BIN ed it for 500.00 sold it for 629.99

Totally up my alley!

Davidking623

That's one "alley" I'll avoid after dark!!! Seriously, as you well know, it was one of the Hulk 181's I purchased off the rack in 1974 (and) cut the MVS out myself!!!

In fact, Dking has been that "one buyer" a couple of times!

Hulk 181 CGC 8.0 White Pages Qualified BIN ed it for 500.00 sold it for 629.99

Totally up my alley!

Davidking623

Oh, and BTW, if I recall correctly, you threw in a few modern wolvie's to sweeten the pot!!!