• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman movie: Beyonce Knowles as Lois Lane, Johhny Depp as Lex Luthor?

28 posts in this topic

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=16896

Read the entre Article but gist of it is

I heard a cough, "Well, it ain't Selma Blair anymore." I expressed my utter disappointment, and countered with asking who it was, "Beyonce Knowles." I was kinda silent for a bit. "Have you heard who's playing Lex Luthor?" he asked me. "No" -- That's when he says, "Johnny Depp." Aaaaaah ..............

And then watch "Hearts of Darkness: The making of Apocolypse Now". Almost as good as the movie itself (and I love the movie). The book was slow, but still a good read. Very, very slow.

Back on topic.....Agree. Beyonce is played out. She can't act and has no business in a Superman movie. Johnny Depp, on the other hand, is a fantastic actor. He's never been bad, and almost never picks a bad part. He'd make a good Luthor.

Chris

To quote Joseph Conrad.........

"The horror. The horror."

Never could get through "Heart of Darkness"... frown.gif

Heard of Darkness is truly a great book and is worth giving a second shot to. Apocalypse Now is great but one of my favorite parts of the book is when Marlow goes back to Kurtz fiance - great scene . . . something that the movie missed.

DAM

Well, I guess adding Beyonce to the cast is one way to make sure it tanks at the theatre, and that Blockbuster will buy about 200k copies when it comes out on dvd.

makepoint.gif

Not if she gets her kit off. I guarantee her lack of acting ability won't be too much of a concern for 50% of the audience if she did that. She's a babe, let's face it.

I dont recall whatshername Kidder getting any Oscar nominations either.... Al whoever plays Lois has to do is be attractive, condescending to Clark and madly in love with Supes, and get into trouble. That could be anyone, white, black, yellow, or martian, Not much you can do with the role..

I dont recall whatshername Kidder getting any Oscar nominations either.... Al whoever plays Lois has to do is be attractive, condescending to Clark and madly in love with Supes, and get into trouble. That could be anyone, white, black, yellow, or martian, Not much you can do with the role..

Kidder was pretty good, but as you say it was a thankless role. In other words, ideal for Beyonce.

Speaking of Ap. Now, is 'Apocalypse Now: Redux' worth watching?

Yes because one of the best scenes was added to that movie. "I will not hurt or harm you. I will not hurt or harm you. Just give me back the board Lance. It is a good board and I like it. You know how hard it is to find a board you like."