• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No love for Bronze age Hulk?

121 posts in this topic

Annual 7 is great, as are both ASM 119 & 120.

Most of the BA Hulks are, imo, pedestrian. I'm not a big Herb Trimpe fan. I'm a huge John Severin fan but I don't even really care for his work on the book.

:screwy:

Annual 7 is great, as are both ASM 119 & 120.

Most of the BA Hulks are, imo, pedestrian. I'm not a big Herb Trimpe fan. I'm a huge John Severin fan but I don't even really care for his work on the book.

:screwy:

I've posted this before, but last year my Secret Santa got me a Hulk Essentials with about twenty issues from the 140s to the 160s. I actually thought they held up pretty well. The Hulk was always being chased and persecuted, the Dr. Doom arc was good, some really good monster villains debuted (Bi-Beast anyone), the Wendigo/death of Mimic stories were sweet. Hold up better than a lot of Bronze.

I agree. One of the better cover. Here is another real good cover one.

Yellow, red and blue just work so well together here.

This book is a bummer...great front cover that is VF+/NM- and then the back cover is a horror story. :cry:h199.jpg