• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's going to happen to your comics when you croak?

46 posts in this topic

I have a standing job of heading to my friends house and removing the black hard drive from the desk drawer should anything happen. He calls me everytime he takes a trip to remind me..as for the comics...who cares..I am dead..I am sure one of the fine upstanding comic book collectors will fleece my wife and children and pay pennies on the dollar for my collection.

..I am sure one of the fine upstanding comic book collectors will fleece my wife and children and pay pennies on the dollar for my collection.

:roflmao: Sooooooooooo, you live closer to Athens or Atlanta? :whistle:

My husband would be able to figure out what to do, he's into the hobby, he's just not as vocal about it as I am. I don't think he would sell anything unless he had to, I only collect moderns anyway :) He is all over the place with what he likes.

We have 2 small boys and we've discussed eventually having a comic "draft" with them. Like a fantasy football draft, only with the comics, they each get to choose what they want until they're all gone.

But we're not doing this until we're like 80!! I *need* those books around until I'm old :preach: The boys are only 5 and 2 :)

We have 2 small boys and we've discussed eventually having a comic "draft" with them. Like a fantasy football draft, only with the comics, they each get to choose what they want until they're all gone.

That sounds awesome!

Thanks, it was my idea, so I think so too! lol

That sounds awesome!

Thanks, it was my idea, so I think so too! lol

I would like to announce a trade. The 12th pick of the comic book draft has been traded in exchange for 3 second round picks and the rights to 2 future comic purchases.

I have them all alphabetically filed with sticky notes on the backing boards. The notes have what I paid for them (most of them) retail value and the Grade. I have them all cross referenced on an excel program. Best ones are in the bank.

I DID this, because I'm terminally organized...and my husband swears if I'm gone, he will sell them at a garage sale for $1.00 each...(so I email updates to my daughter;) she knows who to contact if I get hit by a truck;) I do have "friends" who have offered to help him with the garage sale :roflmao:

I am updating the data base this year...some of the prices are a little out of date;) and I plan to get down to one room of books in the next year...too much to keep track of.

I have them all alphabetically filed with sticky notes on the backing boards. The notes have what I paid for them (most of them) retail value and the Grade. I have them all cross referenced on an excel program. Best ones are in the bank.

I DID this, because I'm terminally organized...and my husband swears if I'm gone, he will sell them at a garage sale for $1.00 each...(so I email updates to my daughter;) she knows who to contact if I get hit by a truck;) I do have "friends" who have offered to help him with the garage sale :roflmao:

I am updating the data base this year...some of the prices are a little out of date;) and I plan to get down to one room of books in the next year...too much to keep track of.

down to one room? I am down to one closet!

I retired for the 2nd time this year (not my choice- Banking Industry in chaos) and decided I better start selling. I have well over 150,000 comics and thanks to SOT, Blazing Bob, and a few others, I have a great start to selling the high grade and keys. I donated 350 long boxes of drek to local charities. Now I just need to figure out how to move hundreds of LBs of Copper and Bronze. :insane:

I have told several people that if I die before getting the books in better order (less books and more organized), my wife will have me exhumed so she can put a bullet in me herself! Needless to say, I have a lot of selling to do. My wife does know the names of two friends who will help with the liquidation so no volunteers please.

Lastly, my son will be inheriting X-men 1-500 and my daughter 1-350 (both with SS 6.0 #1s signed by Stan the Man). :banana: My daughter has had tons of financial help so not showing favoritism.

Best advice- don't procrastinate- make 2010 the year you get started. Happy Holidays!

Ed R